Uk Logo Cake?

Decorating By aeday222 Updated 20 Aug 2008 , 2:37pm by woodthi32

aeday222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aeday222 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 7:04pm
post #1 of 9

I have been asked to do a University of Kentucky Logo cake. Here is the problem-she only wants it to be in the shape of the UK letters. No sheet cake, no pictures just the UK letters. UK logo has the k overlapping the u. She wants it to be white with blue outline. Would you make one cake and then carve the logo out in one piece or carve out the two seperate letters and then put them together some how? Seems like this should be easy to do but I am worried about it. This is for a wedding but they have the wedding cake and the grooms cake. They are getting married on a day when UK plays and they are die hard fans. I don't want to have an ugly cake at their wedding! Thanks
LL

8 replies
kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 1:03am
post #2 of 9

i am far from an expert, but you could make 2 sheet cakes, carve the "K" out of one and then the other, cut out the "U" but have two seperate pieces, so when setting up, you can just put the two "U" pieces around the "K" does that make sense?

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 1:19am
post #3 of 9

WoooHoooo Go Cats!!!!!!
I hope you make a killer cake! can't wait to see it.
What Kimberlina25 said makes sense thumbs_up.gif , just make sure the sizes of the two letters are the same so they will line up properly. You lucky dog geting to make a KENTUCKY. cake.
I am some what of a fan icon_lol.gif
Proud member of the Big Blue Nation

Jibbies

woodthi32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodthi32 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 1:22am
post #4 of 9

http://www.kentuckycollectibles.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=50_63&products_id=227
Just a suggestion. Don't know if it is big enough..........
Go DAWGS!

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 1:23am
post #5 of 9

Depending on how daring and artistic you are; you could enlarge the logo and then place it on the cake and cut out around it. Then it is all in one piece, BUT, you would have to then ice and decorate it as such. That might be a little difficult.

GOOD LUCK! Post the pic!

Beth in KY
Graduate and former instructor in the UK Community College System.

woodthi32 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 1:35am
post #6 of 9

I am starting to think this would be easier in one piece. I would not carve out the square inside the U, just the little rectangle at the top, in between the bars at the top of the U. Same with the trapezoid shape in the inside bottom of the K. I would just go up enough to carve out the bottom horizontal bars of the K..............

kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:42am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodthi32

http://www.kentuckycollectibles.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=50_63&products_id=227
Just a suggestion. Don't know if it is big enough..........
Go DAWGS!

ohh! thats a great idea, i didn't even think of a pan shaped like it. go you!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:44am
post #8 of 9
woodthi32 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 2:37pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH

Duplicate post, please also see:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-599794-.html

HTH

Thanks, but I hate silicone, don't you?