Get Black Marshmallows???

Decorating By Michelle104 Updated 17 Aug 2008 , 6:07am by Michelle104

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 2:03am
post #1 of 6

I'm doing a wrestling ring cake and need black marshmallows for the corners where the ropes will attach. Anyone have any ideas how to make them black?

5 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 3:26am
post #2 of 6

Airbrush them? Toss them in a black Americolor/vodka mixture? Make your own from scratch and add black Americolor to the recipe?

grannyrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannyrose Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 3:30am
post #3 of 6

Of course there is always the obvious - dip them in a dark chocolate or roll in colored sugar.

Michelle104 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 4:28am
post #4 of 6

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

How come sometimes the very most obvious thing to do completely escapes me????? LOL!! icon_lol.gif I never even thought of dipping them! Duh!!! I don't have an airbrush but I did have some of the wilton spray color so that's what I used. Thanks guys!! thumbs_up.gif

thecakebox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakebox Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 5:22am
post #5 of 6

i have seen chocolate ones at target, it might be easier to start with that rather than white.

Michelle104 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 6:07am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecakebox

i have seen chocolate ones at target, it might be easier to start with that rather than white.

Yummo!!! Gonna definitely try to find these next time I got to Target! Thanks for the info!! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%