How Far In Advance Can I Make Cupcake Pops (Bakarella's)

Baking By shannonlovebug Updated 18 Aug 2008 , 12:37am by emrldsky

shannonlovebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonlovebug Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 4:27pm
post #1 of 4

DD's b-day is in 8 days and I'd like to get the cupcake pops done asap. I figure they are covered in chocolate so they should keep just fine, right? Should I freeze them? Refrigerate them? Or just put them in an airtight container?
Thanks !!

3 replies
micnmax2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micnmax2003 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 4:13am
post #2 of 4

I've made mine in advance and threw them into the freezer w/o the chocolate coating. Then the day before I coated them & put them in the fridge.

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 10:10am
post #3 of 4

I do the same thing. I form them and put them in the freezer until I want to dip them in chocolate. I have kept them in an airtight container once they have been dipped for 2 or 3 days. If I keep the container in the fridge, I put a sheet or two of paper towel on the top of the pops to avoid any issues with moisture.
Lily

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 12:37am
post #4 of 4

I would say it depends on the binder you use. If you're using the homemade cream cheese butter cream, freeze or refrigerate them in a sealed container and then thaw and dip right before. Essentially, if you're using a binder that is perishable, making and dipping them a week before would probably NOT be a good idea.

icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%