I Bought A New Website..

Business By FromScratch Updated 21 Aug 2008 , 3:16am by FromScratch

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 1:50am
post #1 of 59

Check it out and let me know what you think. I am not done putting images on it and I am still trying to tweak the colors, but the basic jist is there.

http://www.welldressedcakes.com/

I am so happy to be done with the old freewebs site.. I feel more official and really like the professional appearance of the site. If you find any spelling or grammar issues please let me know.. I think I did a pretty good job with the proofing, but you know how it goes.. after you have looked at something 1000 times it all looks the same. icon_lol.gif

58 replies
momtobtb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momtobtb Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 1:52am
post #2 of 59

Very, very nice! Which Blu template is that? I'm going to upgrade to a Blu website this year some time.

Becky

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 2:05am
post #3 of 59

I love it! Is the opening page a pic of your tasting plate. Nice job

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 2:06am
post #4 of 59

I love your new website. It is absolutely beautiful!
Very professional and upscale in appearance. It flows easily. The colors are wonderful. You really did a nice job making each item not only look elegant, but delicious.
I thought the use of 24 Carrot was great, as well as the wording,
" premium finishes". Very thoughtful.

I can't imagine how excited you must be.

Congratulations,

Debbie B.

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 2:09am
post #5 of 59

Very pretty! I love BLU!!! I think we have the same template. Just goes to show how different and custom you can make them. I think you're off to a great start! Love the cupcake picture!!! thumbs_up.gif

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 2:15am
post #6 of 59

Hey JK, what a wonderful job you did. I really like it. The colors are great. good layout for sure.

FromScratch Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 3:11am
post #7 of 59

Thanks! icon_smile.gif It's the Madison template.. it is very cool to see how different they can be. My original color scheme was blue, cream and brown.. how funny is that?

The splash page is indeed a picture of my tasting plate.. glad you like it. icon_biggrin.gif

I highly recomend bludomain.. they are always helpful and very resonable in price and VERY user friendly.

Toptier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toptier Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 4:24am
post #8 of 59

I love the site, very hip and professional to a "t". Since you asked for feedback - the only comment I have is using the cake sampler for the splash page, I mean we here at CC know what it is but a cake civilian might not understand what it is or why it's the opening shot - know what I mean? ...just my two cents, I think your work is BEAUTIFUL icon_smile.gif

Jasmine33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jasmine33 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 5:18am
post #9 of 59

The chocolate cupcakes in the brioche molds look to die for!

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 5:32am
post #10 of 59

VERY VERY VERY NICE!!!! I love your tasting plate. It made me hungry =)

FromScratch Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 5:34am
post #11 of 59

Thank you so much! icon_smile.gif They are filled with dark chocolate mousse and topped with dark chocolate ganache. They are my "death by chocolate" cuppies and are a favorite of many.

LadyMike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyMike Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 5:56am
post #12 of 59

As you asked, I looked over the site and it is beautiful. I did, however, find one spelling error. It was in the FAQ's - Do you provide fresh flowers..... The word "varieties" is misspelled. Other than that, I think it is really great. I can't wait to see the finished product! Congratulations!

FromScratch Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 6:02am
post #13 of 59

Oooh thank you!! I reversed the e and the t.. I do that all the time when I am trying to type fast.. icon_redface.gif. Thanks a bunch for pointing that out. icon_biggrin.gif

I absolutely hate errors in spelling and grammar. If you find anything else please let me know. icon_smile.gif

Bonnie151 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonnie151 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 6:12am
post #14 of 59

That is one seriously fabulous website! I love it. icon_biggrin.gif

pinkbox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbox Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 6:22am
post #15 of 59

It looks awesome!! Very professional and your tasting loooooooks so mouth watering (drooling)

Great Job!!

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 6:42am
post #16 of 59

Oh, I love it! It is very professional and it has such a polished look to it!

I don't know who took photos of you creations, but I absolutely love the photos where just one cupcake is in focus. It is very cool!

BTW, would you be willing to share what fondant recipe you use, if it is not a secret? (Completely understand if you don't want to) I am not familar with one made with chocolate, sounds yummy!

Congrats on your new site!

FromScratch Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 7:12am
post #17 of 59

Thank you for the compliments on my photography skills. icon_redface.gif I am very much an amateur when it come to photography, but I do dabble. I can't share the recipe for the fondant since it is from Jennifer Dontz's DVD. I don't use her exact recipe, but it's close. I highly recommend her DVD's for the recipes and the fundamentals.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 7:29am
post #18 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

Thank you for the compliments on my photography skills. icon_redface.gif I am very much an amateur when it come to photography, but I do dabble. I can't share the recipe for the fondant since it is from Jennifer Dontz's DVD. I don't use her exact recipe, but it's close. I highly recommend her DVD's for the recipes and the fundamentals.

I do thank you for sharing your "source"! I will check her video out!

Thanks again, Sherri

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 7:41am
post #19 of 59

Your website is fierce! Very slick! It makes me want to dive right in and take a bite. Congratulations.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 10:12am
post #20 of 59

Very nicely done. It's clean, crisp, easy to navigate. Well done. icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

sookie77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sookie77 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 11:41am
post #21 of 59

Wow! What a great site. The cake pictures are wonderful. I only wish the slideshow would have slowed down so I could see the pics better. The chocolate cupcakes look so delicious!!!!

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 11:57am
post #22 of 59

Bautiful site. Clean, elegant, and simple to navigate.

I especially like that your galleries play automatically. Often galleries are too much clicking back and forth. With yours I could sit and enjoy the beautiful - and VERY tasty looking - images.

Nice job.

CoutureCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCakeCreations Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 11:59am
post #23 of 59

Now thats a beautiful site. Its very professional. I absolutly love it. Great job.

lizamlin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizamlin Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 12:06pm
post #24 of 59

ditto to all the positives - and the CALENDAR feature is *awesome* -- dude, if ever I grow up to be a real cake maker, I'm totally stealing that idea LOL

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 12:11pm
post #25 of 59

Very professional!! I really like your faq's section. Very blunt and to the point. I especially love the way you broke down the cake dummies question. Your pictures are beautiful thumbs_up.gif Me likey!! icon_biggrin.gif

FromScratch Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 12:19pm
post #26 of 59

Thanks so much everyone! icon_biggrin.gif

I will slow down the slide show a little bit.

I am in the process of taking some more images to add into the homepage slide show and to replace a couple of the background images. Stylized images of ingredients and slices of assembled cakes.. things like that. I was going to wait to go live with the site until I did that, but I figured I could just add stuff in piecemeal. I don't think I'll ever bee 100% happy with anything.. LOL.. but hopefully it'll be at a point where I can be okay with it soon.

FromScratch Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 12:23pm
post #27 of 59

Also.. you can click on any of the thumbnails and it will stop the slideshow so you can look at any image you want for as long as you'd like. icon_smile.gif

Swede-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swede-cakes Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 12:31pm
post #28 of 59

Jeanne, your new site ROCKS! Well done!! thumbs_up.gif

jessc169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessc169 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 12:44pm
post #29 of 59

i love it! it looks beautiful. i have to agree with messy baker, the photography really looks fantastic! the calendar feature is really cool too. i currently have a page through godaddy and i am not too impressed, you've convinced me to look elsewhere!

ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 12:57pm
post #30 of 59

Jeanne I LOVE your new site! I don't like cake anymore but those cupcakes look fantastic!!!! The only thing I found was the beginning flash was a little fast for me, however I did see you had the individual views available. Kudos to you girl!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%