Advice For Tripple Chocolate Cake Request

Decorating By mandi1613 Updated 15 Aug 2008 , 6:01pm by kidscakelady

mandi1613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandi1613 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 3:37pm
post #1 of 16

I need some advice. A lady called me requesting a full sheet cake, chocolate cake with chocoate icing, and chocolate mouse filling ( my dream cake) for her office luncheon. I think that might be too much chocolate for a lot of people and was considering calling her and suggesting she get 2 seperate cakes or a half choc half vanilla. Do you think that is appropriate, or just give her what she asked for and leave it alone?

15 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:13pm
post #2 of 16

I say give her what she asked for. Since she didn't ask for your opinion, she might just take it poorly.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:19pm
post #3 of 16

^^ i'd say the same thing. i learned that lesson very early. my very first order was for chocolate cupcakes. i made a different recipe than the one the customer had tasted and liked because i thought the other recipe was "better". i had to give them a dozen of the original recipe for free. right. icon_smile.gif

mariela_ms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariela_ms Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:41pm
post #4 of 16

I agree with previous posters...If she asks for that triple chocolate then give them triple chocolate. She might not take your suggestion well, so just give her what she wants and pays for. icon_smile.gif good luck! hth

melvin01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melvin01 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:42pm
post #5 of 16

Agree, I'd stick with what they ordered. I sometimes ask that question when taking the order about "do you want to do half white and half chocolate", but if she specifically asked for all chocolate, I'd go with that. Makes it easier for you that way, too!

If the cake was for MY office, it probably wouldn't make it out of my car! I'd be in there with a gallon of milk and a fork! Hey, someone has to do the taste-testing!

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:49pm
post #6 of 16

Put yourself in your customers shoes. You stop by KFC and you order a bucket of all breasts and when you get them home you open it up and it's all drumsticks icon_surprised.gif You take it back to the store and ask "why"? They tell you "we thought it was too much white meat". icon_eek.gif
Make her what she ordered icon_wink.gif

Jibbies

mandi1613 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 5:01pm
post #7 of 16

LOL... I love your analogy jibbies...thanks for the advice everyone. i'm going to leave it alone and give her what she asked for. i'm new to the game and still learning. THANKS icon_smile.gif

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 5:05pm
post #8 of 16

Meant to say this in my earlier post. Welcome to CC. We are here to help!

Jibbies

moreCakePlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moreCakePlz Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 5:09pm
post #9 of 16

Yes, just give her what she ordered. She might be hosting an all chocolate buffet (yummmmm).

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 5:10pm
post #10 of 16

and just to let you know that your description of her order has not helped my chocolate cravings at all icon_biggrin.gif

welcome to CC!

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 5:19pm
post #11 of 16

Uh, is there such a thing as too much chocolate?

mandi1613 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 5:20pm
post #12 of 16

I know... i can't wait to bake this cake so i can "taste test" the scraps

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 5:23pm
post #13 of 16

When my sister orders a cake for her co-workers (they're all nurses), it is always a chocolate, chocolate chip cake with chocolate frosting. I asked her once if they weren't getting tired of the same cake each time, but apparently not! And I have to admit, it's a chocolate lovers dream!

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 5:41pm
post #14 of 16

All I can say is I'm glad that me and my mom aren't at that luncheon lol we both dont care for chocolate, our favourite cake has to have lemon in it lol ( I know we're not normal) lol

SUUMEME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUUMEME Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 5:46pm
post #15 of 16

Ironically I made this exact cake for my neighbor yesterday, chocolate cake w/ chocolate mousse filling and choc. frosting, I knew she was PMSing so I sent my 6 yr old son to deliver it, it read "Official PMS Cake", it was written in cursive so he couldn't read it. He said when he gave it to her she was laughing so hard she couldn't speek. She called and thanked me over and over and said it was exactly what she needed. I think we could safely call this flavor of cake "The PMS Cake".

As far as it being too much chocolate, I say it may just be "exactly" what they need.

kidscakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kidscakelady Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 6:01pm
post #16 of 16

This happens to be one of my most ordered cakes. In adition to the choc cake, choc filing, choc icing, I drizzle hershey's special dark melted chips along the edges. I make so many of these- we must have a lot of chocoholics around me. I actually get tired of making this combo but I always give the customer what they want. and they want chocolate!!

Welcome to CC!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%