Glaze For Lemon Cake

Decorating By maude Updated 15 Aug 2008 , 9:28am by maude

maude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maude Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 10:11pm
post #1 of 6

I have an order for a lemon cake with a glaze coating. Which type of glaze would be a good choice and where can I get a good recipe? Thanks

5 replies
bevyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bevyd Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 10:59pm
post #2 of 6

I use two different types, one has a thick consistency, and the other is thin.Thick=1/3 c butter,2 c powdered sugar,1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, 2-4 tablespoons hot water. Heat butter in saucepan till melted.Stir in powdered sugar and lemon juice,and zest.Stir in water 1 tablespoon at a time,till glaze is of desired consistency. Thin=2 c powdered sugar,3 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice.Combine the sugar and lemon juice in a bowl and stir with a whire whisk till smooth.Both are poured on the top of the cake and it should drizzle down the sides. OOps the thin one will make you pucker more than the thick one. Enjoy!!

LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 11:20pm
post #3 of 6

Yes, I generally use a glaze of powdered sugar and lemon juice, but depending on how hard you want the glaze to harden, you could also try the quick pour fondant recipe. I used it the other day for some lemon flavored tea cakes and added creme bouquet flavoring to it. It will become a little harder than glaze, and is pretty easy to make!

I really wish it didn't have the word fondant, in the title, because it tastes nothing like fondant!

Tona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tona Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 11:29pm
post #4 of 6

I use 2 cups powdered sugar 1 tsp lemon juice zest of lemon and 1 1/2 tsp milk 1 tsp lemon extract. This makes a wonderful glaze for a lemon cake

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 12:32am
post #5 of 6

For one standard size poundcake, I use the zest of 2 lemons, the juice of 2 lemons, and about 2 - 2 1/2 cups of 10x sugar. Whisk together; you want the consistency be thin enough to pour but thick enough to roll down the sides of the cake like an icicle.

I put the pound cake on a cooling rack with something underneath to catch the drips, and then drizzle over. It's best if it has time to 'cure' overnight.

maude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maude Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 9:28am
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the recipes. I can always count on CC for the best advice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%