What Else Should I Include In Filling

Decorating By mayra Updated 15 Aug 2008 , 5:14pm by PaulaT

mayra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayra Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 3:31pm
post #1 of 12

Hello everyone,
I have to make a white cake with fresh strawberries. Here is my problem. I always make my strawberry filling cakes with whipped cream but she wants bc. My honest opinion is the fresh strawberries should have a creamy filling with it. What else can I put in the filling? Maybe bavarian cream? pls help. thanks in advance

11 replies
becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 12

bavarian cream sounds good to me!!! what if you got some pastry pride (non dairy whip cream) fold in some strawberry preserves and then add in the fresh strawberries....it will still be creamy...but wont have the whip cream taste...it will be more strawberry moussey!!! i hope this helps!!!!

mayra Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 3:55pm
post #3 of 12

thank you, where would I be able to find this pastry pride? the cake is due next week, I dont think I would be able to order it. Is there another alternative?

mayra Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:45pm
post #4 of 12

anyone?
icon_sad.gif

mrsw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsw Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:51pm
post #5 of 12

Cool whip?

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:53pm
post #6 of 12

Don't make it hard on yourself, just do what she asked for. strawberries mixed in buttercream.

Jibbies

ArtieTs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ArtieTs Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:53pm
post #7 of 12

I'm not sure if you have a Smart & Final near you, but that is where I find Pastry Pride.

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:57pm
post #8 of 12

You can take your regular buttercream - and mix it up with some heavy (whipping) cream. This makes it creamier - will taste better with the strawberries but still be like buttercream. I do this quite often.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:58pm
post #9 of 12

If she want bc give her bc, she's the customer.

PaulaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PaulaT Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:59pm
post #10 of 12

Hi,
Not sure if I can be of any help but I think Pastry Pride is similar to our Rich's Bettercream here in Michigan. It can be purchased at bulk food stores. Here we can purchase Rich's Bettercream at Gordon's Food Centers. What I do for a strawberry filling is clean the strawberries and cook them with sugar and cornstarch until thick, then cool it and beat it with the Bettercream. It's wonderful and stands up well without refrigeration. The reason I cook it is to help prevent it from becoming too runny. HTH

fairycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fairycupcakes Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 5:04pm
post #11 of 12

PaulaT,

First, do you have a container of that Bettercream and can you give the ingredients?

Second, exactly what is your "recipe" or is it all kind of by taste - feel (cuz you've done it for so long?) icon_wink.gif

Thanks, Sharon

PaulaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PaulaT Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 5:14pm
post #12 of 12

Hi - Well, I don't have my recipe with me but I believe it is as follows:
2 Tbs. cornstarch
1/2 cup sugar
a tiny pinch of salt
1/4 cup of water
First mix these up then use approx. 1 1/2 cups strawberries and cook over medium heat until thick. Remove from heat and cool over ice water, beat your Bettercream then fold in the cooled strawberry mixture. Hope this makes sense.
It's delicious. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%