How Do I Tie These Themes Together????

Decorating By kden3980 Updated 14 Aug 2008 , 11:59am by kden3980

kden3980 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kden3980 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 10:20pm
post #1 of 9

Hello all! I have a client that want a cake for a retiring nurse, she asked if I could tie in NASCAR/Jeff Gordon into it...... icon_eek.gif My mind is a blank! icon_cry.gif Was hoping all you talented bakers out there could help me out, PLEASE icon_biggrin.gif Thanks sooooo much!

Kara
NY

8 replies
disp4so Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disp4so Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 10:26pm
post #2 of 9

maybe you could show a car that has some crash damage and a nurse tending to the driver? that was my first thought..

good luck with it..

Sherri icon_smile.gif

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 10:27pm
post #3 of 9

How about a nurse driving a NASCAR?

mayamia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayamia Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 10:36pm
post #4 of 9

I also think a cr with dents here and there and the nurse attending Jeff would be totoally cute I can only imagine that would be her dream to attend Jeff in a hospital gown and all icon_razz.gif

pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 10:36pm
post #5 of 9

My first thought was a nurse driver also.

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 10:37pm
post #6 of 9

The first thing that popped into mind: how about a 3D hill with a road winding up it (basically a two tiered cake w/a road carved into it). Have the nurse driving the nascar with jeff Gordon in the passenger seat (car/people = all gumpaste). Along the road put signs up that relate to nursing stuff. You could find out a little more about the nurse on how he/she got started and where/what she/he will be doing after retired. Put the main things on signs or billboards starting from the bottom. At the top put a sign about retiring (gumpaste on two sticks). Some great bakers have put their examples of this in the CC photo section.
Ive done this type of cake and as a tip I used chocolate clay (easy to make - add black candy coloring to get the darker color) for the asphalt road. A lot easier than fondant as far as the road goes.
Just an idea.

nutcase68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nutcase68 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 10:41pm
post #7 of 9

Have the nurse driving Jeff's car. She could be swinging her stethescope out the window. It's one of those yeah I am out of there swings. Then you have Jeff chasing her on foot to get his car back. icon_rolleyes.gif

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 1:47am
post #8 of 9

How about the nurse at the race track with a big wad of money in her hand with the intention that now that she is retired, she will be spending her spare time at the tracks.

kden3980 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kden3980 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 11:59am
post #9 of 9

than you all for the great ideas, love them!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%