In Need Of A Good Cheesecake Type Filling

Decorating By ArtieTs Updated 16 Aug 2008 , 5:38am by thecakebox

ArtieTs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ArtieTs Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 8:22pm
post #1 of 5

Happy Wednesday CCer's,

I have a request for a coconut cake with a coconut cheesecake filling? Does anyone out there have a good cheesecake filling I can experiment with? It sounds YUMMY! but I've never made a cheesecake filling before. This potential order will be my 1st big order, a cake to feed 135 people or more plus 2 seperate cakes for the twin 2 year olds, so I really want this order & I dare not just take without having made what the customer is wanting in advance & been able to tweek the receipe. Thanks in advance for any help thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
sweetpea1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetpea1972 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 8:40pm
post #2 of 5

Sorry I don't have an answer but I'm curious also.

Would it be cheating to use the cheesecake filling (I think it's Philly)? I think it's supposed to be with the creamcheese and butter at the grocery store?

sweetisome Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetisome Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 10:54pm
post #3 of 5

For my "regular filling" I often use just an amount of my BC whipped with some coolwhip topping. The toppin lightens the BC and the BC gives the whipped creme some texture. I have also dona a "cheesecake" filling by adding (to taste) some of the philly ready to use cheesecake. You can find it in the dairy or refridgerated section in the grocery store. It doesn't take much to add that tangy cheesy flavor and I have gotten great reviews. I usually mix in drained crushed pineapple (which would be great with coconut) but I'll bet just about any falvor will do. Good luck!

Tashablueyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tashablueyes Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 2:58am
post #4 of 5

I'd say equal parts cream cheese and sour cream with a tiny bit of lemon extract and sugar to taste if you don't want to do the Philly cheesecake. Or you could really cheat and use the cheesecake flavored pudding.

thecakebox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakebox Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 5:38am
post #5 of 5

There is a box mix (near the cakes) that is for a cheesecake, comes with a graham cracker crust mix too. I used the cheesecake portion out of that, it was really good!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%