Bride And Groom Bear Cake

Decorating By sharon8340 Updated 14 Aug 2008 , 4:38pm by jibbies

sharon8340 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharon8340 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 5:36pm
post #1 of 5

HEllo I am really hoping that someone can help me with this problem. I want to make a bride and groom bear cake and can't find out how to do this. I have the Wilton stand up bear pan and I know that you can make them into bride and grooms somehow. If anyone has a photo or any idea how to do this I would really appreciate this. Thanks in advance
Sharon8340

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 10:29pm
post #2 of 5

Sorry no one has been able to help youi.
I know they were featured in a Wilton yearbook a few yrs back but I don't have the book to help you.

From what I remember you just star the bears and put a veil on the girl. There might be instructions on the Wilton site. Have you tried ck'ing that?

thecakebox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakebox Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 6:17am
post #3 of 5

I have the yearbook and i can scan the picture if you would like, pm me with your email and i will send it. icon_smile.gif

shaba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shaba Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 4:23pm
post #4 of 5

Hi there. I did one of these for my niece's wedding cake. I can't get the picture to come up but I can give you some ideas. I used Wilton's idea as a template. I made a veil out of toule and I made her a skirt out of tuck n ruffle. I also made a small bow tie out of a scrap of black material for the groom. My bears weren't covered in stars they were covered in fur made with the grass tip. It mace them look fuzzy and I think really cute. They were covered solid brown like a brown teddy bear. I placed them on a 12x18 cake that I covered with green grass that I made with the grass tip. This cake took a long time to do but it was really cute and well woth the effort. My niece and her husband absolutely loved it and people are still talking about it all these years later. Hope this helps. If you have any other questions just ask.

Shaba

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 4:38pm
post #5 of 5

Wilton has had a couple of different designs for their wedding bears. The cutest one I ever saw was in the 1989 yearbook page 37. If you don't have the book I can scan the picture for you. Just let me know.

Jibbies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%