What Should I Decorate Choc Chip Cookies With?

Baking By SOULLA13 Updated 19 Aug 2008 , 4:15pm by mrsw

SOULLA13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SOULLA13 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 3:57pm
post #1 of 10

Hi guys i need quick piece of advice from all you cookie experts!!! I have acouple who have requested i make for them some choc chip cookies for their wedding favours only prob is im not sure on what will taste better to decorate them with royal icing or fondant? What do you think bearing in mind they are choc chip cookies. Any advice will be grately appreciated.

9 replies
mrsw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsw Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 4:19pm
post #2 of 10

You could always dip the choco chip cookies in chocolate and make them look like wedding dresses or tuxes like you'd do for strawberries. That would look neat and of course taste yummie - If too much chocolate (if there is such a thing icon_wink.gif ) Just dip half of the cookie is chocolate and maybe some sprinkles? How formal is the wedding - that might help with the design/decoration.

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 4:22pm
post #3 of 10

IMO modeling chocolate (aka candy clay) tastes best on the 'standard' chocolate chip cookie. What type of a decoration are you planning to do? the reason I ask is a simple rose looks nice. Unless you are using a rolled chocolate chip cookie recipe it's tough to get something nice and smooth on the cookie. There is a recipe for rolled on karenscookies.net that turns out flat.

wyckedwytch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wyckedwytch Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 4:59pm
post #4 of 10

I made three chocolate chip cake cookies and used royal icing for the design they needed. It was easy to use, and everybody loved it. I think fondant might be to much sweet.
HTH

SOULLA13 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 9:30pm
post #5 of 10

i want to do like a wedding dress and a tuxedo like in my photos in a heart shape but i need the cookie to be flat so i will use a rolled recipie just want the taste to be nice too of course!!! thats why im not sure weatehr fondant or royal is best for choc chip cookies

SOULLA13 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 9:31pm
post #6 of 10

i want to do like a wedding dress and a tuxedo like in my photos in a heart shape but i need the cookie to be flat so i will use a rolled recipie just want the taste to be nice too of course!!! thats why im not sure weatehr fondant or royal is best for choc chip cookies

snowshoe1 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 11:27am
post #7 of 10

Those are really pretty cookies in your album! With a flat rolled choc chip cookie, I think you are better off using candy clay (aka modeling chocolate). It will compliment the chocolate chips in the cookie. You can always add a bit of fondant to the clay and mix well for longer workability.

IMHO - don't think RI or fondant will be as tasty. Or you could add chocolate oil to flavor the fondant.

Regardless - post your pics - you make great cookies!

SOULLA13 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 7:42am
post #8 of 10

thanks everyone for your responses, i finally made the chocolate chip cookies and took your advice mrsw and snowshoe and used melted chocolate and piped my designs on some of the them-im quite happy with them take a look and let me know what you think, your opinions are grately appreciated. xxx

snowshoe1 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 2:32pm
post #9 of 10

The cookies look terrific! I think you made the right decision going with chocolate. Like the double hearts!

mrsw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsw Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 4:15pm
post #10 of 10

So cute - I do love the double heart too - clever. Glad to help and I'm sure the bride and groom were thrilled

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%