"how To Look Good Naked"

Lounge By Candy120 Updated 24 Aug 2008 , 1:58am by lisad1

Candy120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candy120 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 1:58pm
post #1 of 17

Does anyone watch this show? I watch it every week...since I am a "big" girl I try to get ideas and suggestions on what to wear to make my body type look better. I have really gotten some good ideas. Carson is soooo funny and so waaaaaaay gay...he cracks me up!!

Last night they had two girls on there (sisters) that were heavy. When they went to see the girls that they compared themselves to, they were standing in a storefront window. The sisters said that first chick was a size FOUR!! Could she SEE her?? and then come to find out...They were all size 10! WHATEVER!!!! I look better than a couple of them and I am NOT a TEN!! And the two sisters said they were TENS!! I want to shop in their world!!

It comes on Tuesday nights at 9 p.m Central on Lifetime. You need to watch it!

16 replies
Candy120 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 3:40pm
post #2 of 17

Doesn't anyone watch this show? You need to! It's pretty funny!!

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 7:24pm
post #3 of 17

Have never seen it but could use some tips for sure! I went shopping monday night and was so depressed!

nattyk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nattyk Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 7:38pm
post #4 of 17

I saw the commercial for it, but haven't watched it. I know how depressing it can be to go shopping, so I don't do it very often. Luckily it's very casual where I work, and I'm the only one in the office.

Candy120 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 7:38pm
post #5 of 17

They have all shapes and sizes of women on that show. Last night he tore some of their clothes and showed them what they needed to wear. It is very "educational" until they get to the photo shoot...I am not so sure I would want to do that. But the pictures they take are fabulous!

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 7:44pm
post #6 of 17

Never even heard of this show - sounds interesting. Is it similar to a 'What Not to Wear.'

I'm a fashion junkie so I'd probably like it icon_wink.gif

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 10:22pm
post #7 of 17

I watched it once and then couldn't remember when and what channel it was on! It was interesting. I'm 5'10 and 170, so not a skinny minny and not obese, but need to lose 20 to be healthy, and I'm just like those ladies.....I look in the mirror and see an extremely obese person. I suffered from anorexia in high school and landed in the hospital for a month, so I'm very leary of diets, but need to get myself back into shape and a lot of it is psychological. Gotta start watching that show again and learn how to stop beating myself up! icon_smile.gif

Candy120 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 10:57pm
post #8 of 17

It is on the same line as "What not to Wear"...he takes them shopping and does the hair and make-up and all that. It is a great show...trust me!! I love it!!

kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 1:14am
post #9 of 17

i have seen the original bbc version (it was before the US version) and i found it interesting, but most of the women on there are self conscious and therefore do very awkward things with their body posture, etc. i think they should focus on that a bit too instead of just focusing on hair, makeup,etc.
but, i think it does have a good message that you don't have to be tiny to be beautiful. icon_biggrin.gif

shooterstrigger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shooterstrigger Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 1:43am
post #10 of 17

I like that show . I love Carson! It is interresting to see how all the women percieve themselves. I couldn't do it though; I would be MORTIFIED to see my body on the side of a building!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 1:12pm
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlina25

i have seen the original bbc version (it was before the US version).......

I should have known that was a BBC show first! I used to watch the BBC version of "Trading Spaces" and "What Not to Wear" years ago.

Has anyone caught the BBC America show called "You are what you eat?"

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 8:11pm
post #12 of 17

I too watch this show!! I find it and What Not to Wear very helpful.

I was like you, I really thought they were different sizes. I like on WNTW where they always say the size is just a number, pay no attention to it!! thumbs_up.gif

dinas27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinas27 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 6:57pm
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlina25

i have seen the original bbc version (it was before the US version).......

I should have known that was a BBC show first! I used to watch the BBC version of "Trading Spaces" and "What Not to Wear" years ago.

Has anyone caught the BBC America show called "You are what you eat?"

I prefer the BBC versions! Love Trinity and Suzanna icon_lol.gif

And I really enjoy 'you are what you eat' she is so frank. And its all about - you are killing yourself not you must be thin to fit into society. The same lady also has a show called 'three fat brides' where three ladies compete to become healthier and win a designer dress. Its not about how many lbs they lose or how skinny they are when she decides. But on their progess and committment.

Candy120 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 3:17am
post #14 of 17

After thinking about the show last Tuesday night and all of those ladies, the ones in the window and the girls on the street, said they wore a size 10 icon_eek.gif ...ummmmmm, maybe not DRESS size 10, but more like UNDERWEAR size 10.... thumbs_up.gif

cakemom1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemom1 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 10:31pm
post #15 of 17

I have seen the show several times, it's interesting to see how you percieve your body compared to others, but I couldn't do it, not stripping down to my underwear for all the world to see. Just like I try not to miss an episode of Biggest Loser but couldn't do the show because of what you have to wear.

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 1:58pm
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerton

Have never seen it but could use some tips for sure! I went shopping monday night and was so depressed!

I know how you feel! If I had a dollar for every tear I cried in a dressingroom I would be a rich girl. I am 5 3 and havent been thin since I was 9. Its such an uphill battle.

Alicia

lisad1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisad1 Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 1:58am
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy120

After thinking about the show last Tuesday night and all of those ladies, the ones in the window and the girls on the street, said they wore a size 10 icon_eek.gif ...ummmmmm, maybe not DRESS size 10, but more like UNDERWEAR size 10.... thumbs_up.gif

omg that is toooo funny!!! icon_razz.gif

icon_evil.gificon_cry.gif curses..my mascara is running

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%