Royal Icing Transfers?

Decorating By sdaij5 Updated 13 Aug 2008 , 3:24am by Children

sdaij5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sdaij5 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:07am
post #1 of 4

I want to make something like a frozen buttercream transfer. However, I was wondering, wouldn't it work nicely with a thinned royal icing instead? Has anyone tried this? My daughter wants a pic of Happy Bunny on her cake for Friday. Would the royal icing need more than two days to dry?

3 replies
seasonsmoke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seasonsmoke Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:17am
post #2 of 4

Let me know if you idea works. The only transfer I have done I bought.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:56am
post #3 of 4

Wilton calls this Colow Flow Transfers and have their own mix for it. But you can use Royal Icing as well. Just outline with your thicker icing then fill in with thinned down royal (glue consistancy). The top is the top, where as if you were doing a FBCT the bottom gets flipped up for the top.

Depending on the size it could take anywhere from 24 hours up to 48 or more. You can also quick dry them by putting them in the oven with just the oven light on (leave a note on the knob to remind you and others that it is on). You can also put them under a desk lamp. Even with the quick dry you will need atleast over night, and again depending on the size.

Children Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Children Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 3:24am
post #4 of 4

My advice would be to make more than one just in case one breaks. I did a tinkerbell royal transfer and lets just say me and tink aren't on the best of terms icon_rolleyes.gif .....something about me jumping up and down on her after she broke for the 3rd time. I did get the transfer done but like I said just to be safe I would make more than one. HLH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%