5 Cake Requests This Week...so Excited!

Decorating By Trixyinaz Updated 14 Aug 2008 , 2:13pm by tracycakes

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 1:53am
post #1 of 8

WOW! I'm totally and utterly surprised!

Yesterday the wife of a guy that I work emailed me and said she would love it if I could make her husbands birthday cake. It's for August 30th. She wants a race car theme. I guess she got him a gift certificate or something for him to race a car....not exactly sure so anyway, I came up with this sketch, but will undoubtly change the bottom border and do something differently. Any suggestions?

Also yesterday, one of the lady's in another department came up to me and wants me to make a double birthday cake for two of our co-workers. I'm not sure what they want yet, but it's for about 35 people and it's for September 9th.

Then today, I got 3 more requests. One for a wedding cake for a co-workers son who is getting married April 23, 2009. She is the one who ordered the toy story cake, spiderman cake and elmo cake a few weeks ago. They really liked them and want me to do their wedding cake. I'm so excited.

The second one is for a baby shower for one of the other assistants in a different department. They want it for 60 ppl. That one is for September 12.

The third one today came up to me and wants me to do her fiance's (I work with both of them) birthday cake - a NASCAR cake CARVED- for September 23rd. More details to come from her as well. I've never done a carved cake, but they all seem to think I can DO IT! I'm glad they have the confidence in me. Now I just need to find it within myself.

Is this how it all starts? It's like it came out of nowhere! I'm excited, nervous and scared all at once. Thanks for letting me share my emotions and good news!
LL

7 replies
Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:15am
post #2 of 8

Congratulations! Five of many, many more to come!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:19am
post #3 of 8

Hey Vicki!

Congrats on all the orders!!!!

I have every confidence in you too!!!!

I really like the design on the top of the cake and I agree that the finish line moved closer to the middle will be a nice touch. I like the bottom border of the cake as well. I don't know if it's because it's just a computer pic but I'm not 100% sold on the white side (I don't think it looks bad I just think a little bit of colour (and I'm not even sure what....) may blend better (IMHO)).

Can't wait to see all your pics!

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:31am
post #4 of 8

Wooo-Whoooo! Whatta week!!

Yep, that's how it starts! One day you're sitting there wondering if it will ever take off and the next day you're hanging on for dear life, trying to keep up with it all!
thumbs_up.gif

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 2:07am
post #5 of 8

Thanks Monkess, Parm and thanks Debi. I did a search on here for race car and found one I think I am going to duplicate. It's perfect and I think it is more suiting for this EVP at our company.

Jasmine33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jasmine33 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 3:01am
post #6 of 8

This is great! Congrats!

Onome Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Onome Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 3:10am
post #7 of 8

Congrats! I pray you get many more cakes and please do share the cakes in the future. Good luck! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 2:13pm
post #8 of 8

Congratulations! Yes, it happens that way it seems. It did that for me recently too. It's really scary and stressful but exciting at the same time.

Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%