It Could Have Been A Lot Worse I Guess But I'm Still Bummed

Decorating By nickymom Updated 15 Aug 2008 , 7:16am by MaxTRexmom

BCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCo Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 7:11pm
post #31 of 33

Ummm- since when do people who get free cake (and a darn good one) get to complain? Ummm - NEVER - it's free, be greatful! I am a less is more kind of person and I would have told them that I meant for it to look that way, you had planned to use the gameboard as a base for it to sit on and since the base was "busy" with all the details you made the cake to compliment the gameboard, not work against it. Ok, so I would have wanted to tell them that but really I would have said - you know, that's an extremely ungrateful thing to say about a cake that no one paid for!!! It is perfect- clean lines, well executed and I like that it doesn't "compete" with the gameboard that it's sitting on. It has all the details of the gamepieces as if they were taken out of the box and used on the cake to add to the decoration -

I tell you - some people have no manners. No more cake for them is right! But seriously - listen to what everyone else says about how great it is. And I don't think it's a matter of you having to grow a thicker skin to take the critisism from ungrateful people, it's being able to grow some b@ll$ ( i need to grow a pair myself - I have issues in this area myself! icon_biggrin.gif ) to tell them where to stick the FREE cake - that's AWESOME - did I mention it looks AWESOME??!?!??!

Not that you should talk behind someone's back but if I was in a situation that I didn't like something that someone made I would never come right out and tell them that I thought it was awful - I simply would keep my thoughts to myself! Or mention it to someone else later icon_lol.gif It's one thing to be honest if asked but it's a total other issue to just be rude! I think in this case these people were just rude!

Chin up chicky - we all love it!!!

zoomzone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomzone Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 1:01am
post #32 of 33

Like everyone else here, I was expecting something quite different before I looked at the pics and saw a wonderful cake! Some people are just never pleased (or jealous), don't let it discourage you

MaxTRexmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaxTRexmom Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 7:16am
post #33 of 33

You're cake is great! I love it! If they wanted the board they should have said that, not "Anything Clue". Those people don't deserve a friend like you to make them awesome cakes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%