Anyone Has A Nutella Cupcake Recipe??

Baking By serenelui Updated 13 Aug 2008 , 5:36pm by serenelui

serenelui Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
serenelui Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 10:41am
post #1 of 13

Anyone has a great nutella cupcake recipe to share? icon_smile.gif I love nutella and have want to combine my 2 favourites.. nutella and cupcakes but don't want to take the trouble of filling the cupcakes.. anyone has any great recipe to share? icon_smile.gif

12 replies
Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 12:14pm
post #2 of 13

There was a recipe in Chocolatier Magazine a long while back. The cupcake was a hazelnut cupcake and it was frosted with Nutella and edged in chopped hazelnuts. I've moved and not yet unpacked my recipe books, but I can look for it when I get home tonight if it sounds like something you'd like!

dulzuramagica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dulzuramagica Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:06pm
post #3 of 13

this is another link from the spanish forum but azuca is always kind enough to translate her recipes when she posts. Its made for cake but i tried it in cupcakes and they come out yummmmmOOOOOOOO!!!!

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-594922.html

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:10pm
post #4 of 13

I made strawberry cupcakes this weekend from a mix and frosted it with buttercream icing mixed with 3 tablespoons of Nutella and also filled the cupcakes with the buttercream/nutella mix. They were wonderful and tasted like strawberrys dipped in chocolate. My crowd went wild for them. HTH icon_biggrin.gif

serenelui Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 4:40pm
post #5 of 13

Hi Bijoudelanuit... would love the recipe when you have the time to find it... i'm suppose to make some for a friend this saturday but i know you've probably got lots to unpack so jus post the recipe when you can. Thanks so much!!

Hi dulzuramagica.. ooo.. that recipe sounds delicious and it looks like it could be made into cupcakes.. but i can't find ground hazelnuts where i am though icon_sad.gif.. any idea whether it can be replaced with anything else?

Hi Meemawfish... wow.. that sounds delicious.. but i was looking more for a nutella cake rather than a nutella frosting or filling though.. but they sound so delicious that i'll definitely be trying these cupcakes soon.. icon_smile.gif

dulzuramagica Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 6:46pm
post #6 of 13

serene u can use any other nut might change taste just a bit.

serenelui Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 3:20am
post #7 of 13

Hi dulzuramagica... thanks!!! Would you know if i could also replace it with normal flour as well? :p

dulzuramagica Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 4:03am
post #8 of 13

if u try let me know!!

Bijoudelanuit Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 3:32pm
post #9 of 13

Found it!

Hazelnut cupcakes with Nutella topping

1 1/4 cups cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
6 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tbsp Frangelico
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup whole milk
1/2 cup toasted and ground hazelnuts or hazelnut flour
1 cup Nutella
1 cup coarsely chopped toasted hazelnuts

Preheat to 350. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.

Sift together cake flour, baking powder and salt.

In bowl of an electric mixer, using paddle attachment, beat together butter and sugar until smoothly blended, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg. Mix in Frangelico and vanilla nad beat for another minute. In 3 additions, add flour mixture alternately with milk. Mix in ground hazelnuts.

Fill each liner with a scant 1/4 cup of batter. Bake about 16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Invert cupcakes onto a wire rack to cool completely.

Frost each cupcake with nutella and roll the edges of each in the chopped hazelnuts. Serve at room temperature.

serenelui Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 3:45pm
post #10 of 13

Oh wow!!!! Thanks so much Bijoudelanuit for going to all that trouble in the midst of your unpacking!!! I just hope i can get hold of some hazelnut flour now icon_sad.gif If not will have to just try it with normal plain flour.. icon_sad.gif
dulzuramagica i'll try searching for hazelnut flour again this weekend.. if not will probably try it with normal flour.. let you know how it turns out when i do. thanks icon_smile.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 4:09pm
post #11 of 13

Mmmmm.. those sound delicious. i can't wait to give it a try!

Bijoudelanuit Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 4:15pm
post #12 of 13

I'm very anxious to get my books unpacked anyhow! I've not baked anything in agesicon_sad.gif

If you can get hazelnuts you can grind it to use as flour. Use a food processor or chopper and pulse it until its finely chopped/starting to look somewhat powdery. It will be a little chunky. I wouldn't replace it with plain flour... you'd lose all the flavor the nuts would give you.

I don't know where you are, but in NY Wegmans carries nut flours in the whole/natural foods section.. usually in the gluten free aisle. Before I found it there I used to order it online:
http://www.bobsredmill.com/product.php?productid=3475&cat=107&page=1

Hope this helps!

serenelui Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 5:36pm
post #13 of 13

Thanks Bijoudelanuit... think it would probably be easier for me to find hazelnut flour here rather than hazelnuts icon_smile.gif but i'll definitely be haunting my health food sections now at my supermarket to see if i can find it.. thanks for the tip!!! Hope you manage to get unpacked soon.. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%