sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 10:48am
post #121 of 269

Nice work Pedro thumbs_up.gif

Juny1980 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juny1980 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 3:42pm
post #122 of 269

Helloooo!!!

Sorry I've been somewhat of a stranger, but my boring office job here required my attention icon_mad.gif

Anyhoo, now that most of the "fires" are out, I can move on to more important things...like talking about cakes icon_biggrin.gif

Thank you for all the positive comments/feedback on my Monkey...and I do mean the cake... icon_lol.gif (Charmaine, I know what you're thinking...LOL)

By the way, I LOVE this chocolate chip recipe...it really does taste like a chocolate chip cookie; however, I modified it a bit...a lot of the recipes I found call for German Choc cake mix and chocolate pudding, but when I made it the first time the cake came out too dark, so you could barely see the chips. The second time around, I made it using vanilla cake batter and mixed in vanilla pudding (you can also use white chocolate pudding if you'd like) and then added the chips. It came out DA BOMB!!!

Have fun with it...enjoy!!!!

THANK GOD THE WEEKEND IS HERE!!!

P.S. My weekend project is to make a cupcake bouquet prototype. A coworker wants me to make her a few of these later this month and I've never attempted them, so I'm going to give it a whirl. Any tips/suggestions? I did find a thread on here that was very helpful too. I promise to post pics once I finish it.

yvy_cano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yvy_cano Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 3:55pm
post #123 of 269

Thanks! I cant wait to try it. I was going to do it with a white cake mix as well or maybe yellow. You know maybe you can help me, I cant seem to find White Chocolate Pudding ANYWHERE here in Kissimmee, I only find the diet kind and Im not sure that would be any good.

Juny1980 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:13pm
post #124 of 269

Hi yvy_cano!

So good to hear of someone near me...that's too cool!

Well, let me see, I'm assuming by diet you mean sugar free (made with Splenda), right? I think it should work...you're really just adding it, so it can add moistness to the cake. Give it a try...

Just out of curiosity, what stores in Kissimmee have you tried? Have you checked in Orlando instead? I do most of my shopping in Orlando...if I need a small amount of something then I'll go to the nearby Publix...for me it's Publix Sabor (the Spanish Publix in Kissimmee).

Good luck with that recipe!...let me know how it turns out thumbs_up.gif

yvy_cano Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:25pm
post #125 of 269

Yes I meant the sugar free kind. I have tried the Albertsons and the Publix in JY by 192 and also the Walmart on 192. I have also tried the Publix in Hunters Creek and Target on OBT, have no luck though. I wasnt sure if it being sugar free altered the texture and taste at all so I always skipped and used the vanilla pudding instead.

It will be a test for me as well, I have a 3 tiered cake due at the end of the month for a friend's baby's 1st bday and wanted to try it. Also will be trying the Rainbowlicious cake icon_biggrin.gif Arggghhhhh this cant be good for my diet! lol There goes the dancing lol

Juny1980 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:30pm
post #126 of 269

Rainbowlicious?!?!? What is that?!?! Sounds all too yummy!!!! Please, give me the secret behind it...

The vanilla will work just fine...that's what I used and it tastes great...it's a winner at my office!

yvy_cano Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:54pm
post #127 of 269

Sure, here it is, its from Macsmom and looks awesome, especially for a child's cake...

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=585413&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

sugarcheryl Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 5:42pm
post #128 of 269

Here are roses and lilies I did also. icon_biggrin.gif
LL

Juny1980 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 6:05pm
post #129 of 269

Sugarcheryl, great job on the flowers....did you do them while watching Edna's tutorial? Great job!...I'll have to try making those lillies!

Keep it up! thumbs_up.gif

Yvy_cano, thanks for the link to the rainbow cake thread...I GOTTA TRY THIS SOON!!!!

sugarcheryl Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 8:12pm
post #130 of 269

Yes I did and thank you icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 8:27pm
post #131 of 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juny1980

Check it out, ladies, what do you think of my Monkey face cake?!? LOL! It was fun to do...next time I'll try making him 3D out of rice krispy like Edna suggested. Hope you like!

Pedro the Monkey turned out awesome...I didn't received any notifications on this thread icon_mad.gif ... How did the cake tasted?
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Juny1980 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 8:53pm
post #132 of 269

Edna, the cake tasted great...if you haven't tried it, you should! It tastes just like a chocolate chip cookie...YUM!

tonedna Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 8:58pm
post #133 of 269

I gotta try it!...By the way you forgot the monkey's banana!.. icon_lol.gif
tapedshut.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

tonedna Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 10:14pm
post #134 of 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvy_cano

Yes I meant the sugar free kind. I have tried the Albertsons and the Publix in JY by 192 and also the Walmart on 192. I have also tried the Publix in Hunters Creek and Target on OBT, have no luck though. I wasnt sure if it being sugar free altered the texture and taste at all so I always skipped and used the vanilla pudding instead.

It will be a test for me as well, I have a 3 tiered cake due at the end of the month for a friend's baby's 1st bday and wanted to try it. Also will be trying the Rainbowlicious cake icon_biggrin.gif Arggghhhhh this cant be good for my diet! lol There goes the dancing lol

Thats why I love the dancing..to loose the calories from cake!

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 10:32pm
post #135 of 269

Pedro, you did a fantastic job! Very cute Monkey !

Ok where is the choc chip recipe everyone is loving sooo much ??? I love choc chip everything !

tonedna Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 10:35pm
post #136 of 269

Hi fiddlesticks...DO you know I still havent received my order from ICES from first impressions.. I am getting worried! icon_sad.gif
Edna

fiddlesticks Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 10:46pm
post #137 of 269

Wow Edna, I thought for sure you must of gotten all of your stuff. I got an email saying that my mold had been shipped yesterday !
The lady changed that cake order I needed the funky letter cutters for ( yahoo ) To a complete different style cake !
She picked up a different order from me today and saw this other style and wanted to change to that for her daughter ! Works for me ! So Maybe I get to see your youtube of how to do it before I need to try !!

tonedna Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 10:49pm
post #138 of 269

lol fiddlestick..I will try to work on it soon..

Yeah,,I am getting worried. I hope they didnt lost my ticket..grrr..I just sent them a message. Is a lot of stuff!
Edna

fiddlesticks Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 10:58pm
post #139 of 269

Gee...I hope they dont make a mistake and send it to my house instead !
Maybe you bought so much that its going to take longer then everyone else,s !
I hope you hear from them soon !

msamson9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msamson9 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 11:11pm
post #140 of 269

They are Beautiful

tonedna Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 11:32pm
post #141 of 269

lol fiddlestick..send it to me...I pay for them!

Juny1980 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 11:43pm
post #142 of 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

I gotta try it!...By the way you forgot the monkey's banana!.. icon_lol.gif
tapedshut.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Yea, I know...my wife was asking about the banana too, but I didn't think I'd have enough room to make a decent size one...I guess I'll try it on the next one icon_rolleyes.gif

Juny1980 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 11:53pm
post #143 of 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

Pedro, you did a fantastic job! Very cute Monkey !

Ok where is the choc chip recipe everyone is loving sooo much ??? I love choc chip everything !

Hi fiddlesticks!!!

I found the recipe by just doing a search in the recipe section of CC. Check it out when you get a chance. Hope you enjoy!

tonedna Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 1:27am
post #144 of 269

ok..there should always be time for bananas!..red flip flops and red shorts!.... icon_lol.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 1:37am
post #145 of 269

Juny1980 ..Thanks ! But I cant find choc chip anything in the recipe section !
It says nothing is found .
When anyone finds it can you post a link ???
Wow Edna ! Is that what your wearing in the next youtube ????
I bet that one gets even more hits !!LOL!!!

tonedna Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 1:58am
post #146 of 269

I already wore the red shirt....Did I said i wore nothing underneath my clothes...hahaha
icon_lol.gif

Juny1980 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 2:08am
post #147 of 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

Juny1980 ..Thanks ! But I cant find choc chip anything in the recipe section !
It says nothing is found .
When anyone finds it can you post a link ???
Wow Edna ! Is that what your wearing in the next youtube ????
I bet that one gets even more hits !!LOL!!!

Hi fiddlesticks,

This link should take you right to the recipe...http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2013-55-Chocolate-Chocolate-Chip-Cake.html

Let me know what you think of it!

tonedna Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 4:39am
post #148 of 269

Yeah fiddlesticks..let us know.. icon_biggrin.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Charmaine49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmaine49 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 5:47am
post #149 of 269

.Did I said I wore nothing underneath my clothes...hahaha
Laughing

WOW!! Edna!

This thread has taken quite a few turns and poor Pedro he is taking it quite well! thumbs_up.gif

Pedro, agree on the banana bit, would love to see your banana with your next monkey!!! icon_wink.gif

tonedna Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 6:06am
post #150 of 269

LOL. Charmaine.... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif... I say it was a typo.. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%