Easier Ordering At European Cake Gallery (Glitter Dusts Etc)

Business By littlecake Updated 14 Aug 2008 , 12:30am by DesignerCakes

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 1:46am
post #1 of 7

i love these guys...they ship fast, and give us such a great deal on the dusts...some have not liked placing orders with them over the phone....

they have upgraded their website and now have a shopping cart on their site.

best prices on the net for dusts...check em out!

http://www.ecakegallery.com/

and you don't need a tax id number...same low prices.

6 replies
melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 6:42pm
post #2 of 7

I love good prices on the dust, I'll check them out...thanks

melody

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 12:27am
post #3 of 7

Wow those dust prices are INSANE! Are those for the same standard plastic pots? I hate that there are no pics or product sizes... I don't want to wind up with a pinch of dust lol

littlecake Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 4:28am
post #4 of 7

i used to buy them from sam's (the cake place...not sam's club lol).....and theirs is the same size.

i ordered pearl dust from another source (can't remember who) ....and i was shocked how small the container was....plus i could barely get the lid off, i was scared i was gonna spill it, so i put it in an empty ECG jar....i like thier twist off lids.

these guys just like giving a good deal....how often does that happen these days?

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 5:32am
post #5 of 7

OK, I must add to this thread...

THEY ARE THE BEST BEST BEST! NOT ONLY PRICES BUT QUALITY WISE!!

The best customer service and super fast shipping, very affordable as well! Can't say enough good things about this company, highly recommended!

(They found out I had to take my son to the ER and called me back to check on him... can you believe it? How sweet is that?!? And believe me, we are not "friends" or anything, I met them once at ICES and that's it!)

And now they have a new site for ordering:
www.thesugarart.com icon_smile.gif

littlecake Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 10:31pm
post #6 of 7

how come after you write a word like "p earl d ust"...a whole bunch of script disappears?

i was gonna say above that i ordered P D from another company and was shocked how small the container was....

DesignerCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DesignerCakes Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 12:30am
post #7 of 7

Last week when I was helping a friend in her cake shop, she pulled out a large container of ECG's pearl-dust. We added the usual Everclear to it to brush it on the bands that were on the cake. The dust was loaded with so much cornstarch it was unusable. Luckily, we found a pot of CK pearl-dust and used that. I am not sure what happened there. It was one of the large containers that sell for $40.

I also noticed that ECG's recently changed the size of their little pots. They now contain 1/3 to 1/2 less than what they used to contain. I have some I purchased at convention this year and last, and also at the Mid Atlantic Cake show a few months ago. What I bought at convention is way smaller than their usual sized pots although the cost is the same.

I love their colors, but I'm not really crazy aobut the way they do business at times.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%