Orange Filling Recipe?

Decorating By lmn4881 Updated 14 Aug 2008 , 1:36pm by cupcakes

lmn4881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmn4881 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 12:38am
post #1 of 8

I looked in the recipe section but couldn't find one. I don't think I can make cream chees fillings but I'm looking for one that is orange tasting. Does anyone have one they would share with me? Thanks.

7 replies
lmn4881 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 2:38am
post #2 of 8

Can anyone help me with this?

Lesia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lesia Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 2:49am
post #3 of 8

If you have ever made the "mock twinkie" filling, make that and add orange extract (and orange food coloring if you want). It's make a fantastic fluffy orange filling. (if you add vanilla as well, it tastes like a creamcicle). I just add the flavorings to taste (which for me, is a lot!). Good luck!

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 2:54am
post #4 of 8

I made an orange-flavored SMBC for my mother's birthday cake. I just made the recipe up as usual and then added a touch of vanilla extract, a touch of orange extract, and the zest from two oranges. (I flavored the whole batch, it took that much but I started with the zest from just one!) It worked beautifully, it came out super-delicious. I had left over, even--until Mom started putting extra on the cake each time she took a slice!

lmn4881 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 3:07am
post #5 of 8

Thanks! I'll give them a try!

cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakes Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 12:43pm
post #6 of 8

there is a dreamsicle cheescake recipe on this site that is fantastic!!! I have used it in a trifle and I think it would make a great filling.

Tootall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tootall Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 1:05pm
post #7 of 8

Creamsicle?! Oh my gosh! I HAVE to try this! What kind of cake do you typically use it on? I'm drooling icon_lol.gif My dad would flip. me, hubby and dad all love Creamsicles icon_smile.gif

cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakes Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 1:36pm
post #8 of 8

I love the DREAMSCICLE recipe that was submitted to CC. I have used it as a filling in choc. cups and as part of a trifle. It tasted fantastic!!! If I want to lighten it up a little or stretch it out in a large trifle bowl I will add some extra cool whip to it. I have never brought this recipe anywhere and not come home with an empty container. Fantastic!!! I think it would make an excellent filling for a cake, just be careful you don't eat it all before you finish the cake!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%