????lady Fruit Miroir????

Decorating By seagoat Updated 11 Aug 2008 , 8:08pm by PinkZiab

seagoat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seagoat Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 6:40pm
post #1 of 2

Does anyone know what this is? It is a Spanish name but having a hard time figuring out what it is called in English.

Gosh, I wish we had more suppliers down here!


1 reply
PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 8:08pm
post #2 of 2

Well i don't know about a "Lady" fruit miroir, but I can tell you what a Fruit Miroir cake (french, actually) is.

You start with a base of a round of sponge (usually genoise) and that is surrounded by thin layers of almond biscuit layered with jam in a striped pattern (this is usually built in a cake ring/mold). A fruit mousse is then prepared and the ring is filled to JUST below the top and frozen. The top is then given a slick fruit glaze (usually apricot nappage blended with whatever fruit puree was use to make the mousse). The classic flavor for a miroir cake is cassis (black currant), but I made a peach miroir as part of my culinary school final exam that would knock your socks off. If you want the recipe, let me know and I'll PM you when I get home!

The only other possibility I know of is that maybe it is referring to a type of glaze that is also known as "miroir" for similar types of cakes, but I've never used such a product, so I don't know anything about it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%