Yuck!!!! What The Heck Was I Thinking?

Decorating By Karema Updated 18 Aug 2008 , 4:27am by shanasweets

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 5:18pm
post #1 of 6

I just made the worst cupcakes ever and I cant believe I made them. I called myself making strawberry cupcakes and they are chewy, mushy, dense, and taste gross. I used a box of white cake mix, pureed strawberries, 4 eggs, 1/2 cup of oil and 3/4 cup of water. Then I added a dash of strawberry jello for the color and 1 cup of strawberry yougurt. I dont know why I did this and I know in my head that this should not even work because it's too much sugar and too much yougurt and eggs. What was I thinking???? They are going in the garbage. My daughter loves them (She is four) Her poor tastebuds. icon_cry.gif I will not touch another one and wont let anyone else eat them tapedshut.gif

5 replies
muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 9:30pm
post #2 of 6

No worries, you're not alone on this one!!! I added pured raspberried to white cake mix. What a mushy mess!! gelatinous, dense, and yuck!! icon_sad.gif

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 12:51am
post #3 of 6

ok so I kind of redeemed myself and made some lemon lime cupcakes. They were delish. My husband took them to work and I got some good reviews.

shorty56 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shorty56 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 1:39am
post #4 of 6

you want a good stawberry cake, add 1/4 tsp strawberry lorann oil and just a little bit of strawberry pastry filling. i also add just a bit of pink icing color to brighten it up a bit. be careful though, because too much icing color and it looks really artificial.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 3:00am
post #5 of 6

That sounded like a LOT of liquid going into that. You kept the same amount of oil and ADDED pureed fruit AND yogurt. I saw on the Food Network some ladies who ran a cupcake shop and they said they sub'd out the oil and added fruit puree for extra moistness.

I know my daughter sub's out the oil and adds applesauce when she makes a cake.

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 4:27am
post #6 of 6

I only add yogurt when I am adding the extender receipe. I did use a little strawberry filling and yogurt once to a strawberry mix. I did use the extender receipe also. It was a little more sticky than normal. Did not like torting well, very moist. but the person who had it had no complaints about the taste.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%