Epson Cx7450 On Sale At Target

Decorating By 282513 Updated 27 Oct 2008 , 3:29pm by bsalto

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 3:57pm
post #31 of 88

Hello to all. Well, as soon as I get off work I'm running (yes running!) to Target icon_smile.gif...my only concern is...can we really adapt this printer to edible ink??? is there only one place to buy the edible ink? do you also have to buy a special program to manipulate your prints??

I also have a problem with my comp because it's really old! so....I guess I have to buy a new computer to go with the printer, huh? icon_biggrin.gif

Ok, thank you to all for this information, it's awesome!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

bsalto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bsalto Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 4:09pm
post #32 of 88

I have the canon and I popped in the edible ink. But what Iâm doing is I have two printers, regular office printer and now the edible printer. Kopykake ink, sheets and free sofware as long as you buy their sheets. So I make my picture and print on my regual office printer to see whatâs it going to look like and make sure itâs the right size then print it out on the edible printer. Yeah I have to switch printers to do this. Iâve used the Kopykake software and played around with Microsoft Paint.
  Iâve only used printed out one sheet so far but did a lot of tests so iâm not experienced in this. What I didnât like about KOPYKAKE was that you can only select the generic happy birthday.
Does anyone know how I can add to it?? Like the personâs name. I couldnât get it to do that. So What I did was add the words in MS paint and save it then open it in the KOPYKAKE software with the words already in it.
Barb

Rosie2 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 4:16pm
post #33 of 88

Thank you for the info Bsalto maybe some of the experts can help you with your question.

So, you said you have two printers so, is that means you have keep plugging/unplugging printers as you need them?

bsalto Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 4:30pm
post #34 of 88

I plug in the printer cable into the printer I am using at that time I'm playing with the pictures so I don't use up the edible ink. But i'm guessing someone can just add regular paper to the edible printer paper to print out a test page. I guess it really doesn't matter. It's $50 for my office printer ink and $50 for the edible in without shipping.

bsalto Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 4:30pm
post #35 of 88

I plug in the printer cable into the printer I am using at that time I'm playing with the pictures so I don't use up the edible ink. But i'm guessing someone can just add regular paper to the edible printer paper to print out a test page. I guess it really doesn't matter. It's $50 for my office printer ink and $50 for the edible in without shipping.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 4:35pm
post #36 of 88

well I guess I will be on a return run. I bought the Epson 7400 at Office Max last week for $59.99 so I will get the other from target. I have already ordered my edible ink and received it, but have yet to open it... does anyone know if they take unopened ink back for a return?

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 4:59pm
post #37 of 88

I ordered the wrong ink anyway, and spoke with Mr. Rudy at KK and he told me that the ink for the CX7400 is the same for the 7450 it was made specifically for Target. Called my local target and they are going to give me a raincheck... I can return my incorrect ink and get the right ink icon_smile.gif Nice ... saved some green!

Rosie2 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 5:04pm
post #38 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBakerz

well I guess I will be on a return run. I bought the Epson 7400 at Office Max last week for $59.99 so I will get the other from target. I have already ordered my edible ink and received it, but have yet to open it... does anyone know if they take unopened ink back for a return?

Hi SugarBaker, I was just in the KopyKake website and I saw a note that say they do not take edible stuff back (I assumed they mean edible ink) although, why would you want to return the ink? wouldn't that ink work in the Target printer??
I will order the ink too and do you know why kopykat has diferent sets of ink? some has 4, 5 and 6 colors...does it matter which set you buy?

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 5:18pm
post #39 of 88

I called Target and they are out so I'm going to go and pick up the raincheck instead. Thanks for posting this.

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 5:29pm
post #40 of 88

Does anyone know if there's a way to get a rain check for an online purchase? They're out of stock and our Target doesn't open until October!

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 6:45pm
post #41 of 88

What size frosting sheets work the best with this printer? What sheets are the most versatile in getting the most out of a sheet of frosting?
Does anyone have a reccomendation?
Also have anyone run into a "paper jam" so to speak with the frosting sheets? Does it ruin the printer having that frosting all over the machine?I just want to know what to expect and anyone who has one I would love to hear your success and failure stories to have more insight.

yvette131 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yvette131 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 6:55pm
post #42 of 88

JUST BROUGHT MY CX7450, 29.99 @ TARGET!!! CAN'T GET NO BETTER THEN THAT! CAN'T WAIT TO TRY IT! THANKS AGAIN CAMMIE (CLEVER CONFECTIONS) FOR THE PRINTER INFO.

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 9:14pm
post #43 of 88

icon_lol.gif i am so excited to play with this new toy when it gets here.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 9:37pm
post #44 of 88

Yes Cammie is the reason I went with the Epson last yr when I got mine. She had such great luck with hers.

Rosie2 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 10:13pm
post #45 of 88

Thank you to all for all you great input. I am going to Target this afternoon to look for the printer or the raincheck! icon_smile.gif

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 2:38pm
post #46 of 88

Hurry hurry! I think the sale ends today since it was in their weekly flier!

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 3:59pm
post #47 of 88

Thank you! Thank you! I got my raincheck yesterday!!!!

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:10pm
post #48 of 88

Im not a computer geek but Im pretty sure you can have two printers at the same time. The only thing you would have to do is click on the right printer icon in the print menu. You might have to get a special cable to do the two but when I worked in an office anyone could print to one printer or you could select on that was at your desk, etc. So I know there is a way to do it. It would be a lot easier than unplugging it every time.
Which edible ink cartridge do you buy for the C7450? When I saw it in Target at $39.99 I went to the Kopycake site and didnt see that one listed.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 7:05pm
post #49 of 88

Check out page 1 of this thread where Cammie talks about using the CX7400 cartridges.

bafishr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bafishr Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 11:31pm
post #50 of 88

Thank you, just called Target have one left and I have one foot out the door icon_biggrin.gif

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 1:14am
post #51 of 88

Thanks! I got the last one in our Target!! Whoohoo!

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 1:51am
post #52 of 88

I got two rainchecks when I was there the other day. They are good til 10/06. Let me know if you want one.

Rosie2 Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 3:32am
post #53 of 88

Hello to all, I got my printer at Target for $29.99 and I also called Kopykat and yes!! they do sell the edible ink for that printer, wohoooo!!!
This is a toy I always wanted to have and I just got it
Thank you all for your help and input1
BTW...I'm not a professional baker nor I sell cakes...I do this as a hobby and I love it icon_biggrin.gif

bsalto Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 4:01am
post #54 of 88

Ok, I'm pissed. I have the canon, put it together last weekend, printed out a half sheet then as a tip I read I took out the cartridges and placed them side up. One week later I'm trying to print my husband a pic for his birthday cake of my boys and one of the colors are clogged. I've been messing with it for about an hour already. I didn't by the steamer, but I guess I'll have to do that now. One week, geeze. Anybody out ther give advice for the canon ip3500 not to clog?
Barb

knel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knel Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 4:10am
post #55 of 88

Okay, forgive me if I'm missing something here, but this printer is just a regular office like printer that could use regular ink and regular paper??? You just use sugar sheets and edible ink instead???

laynie72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laynie72 Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 4:51am
post #56 of 88

Did I miss the sale? icon_cry.gif I will be going tomorrow to Target and see if I see one....

Rosie2 Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 4:30pm
post #57 of 88

Hello to all, according to Rudy at Kopykat the cartridge ink you should order for this Epson CX7450 printer is: TO695SAT-4...I just placed my order and can't wait to get it icon_smile.gif
Good luck to all!

Rosie2 Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 4:31pm
post #58 of 88

Hello to all, according to Rudy at Kopykat the cartridge ink you should order for this Epson CX7450 printer is: TO695SAT-4...I just placed my order and can't wait to get it icon_smile.gif
Good luck to all!

Rosie2 Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 4:39pm
post #59 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by knel

Okay, forgive me if I'm missing something here, but this printer is just a regular office like printer that could use regular ink and regular paper??? You just use sugar sheets and edible ink instead???

Hi Knel, yes you're right. I've learned that, in reality, any office printer can be adapted for edible ink. However, you have to make sure the printer you buy is ONLY dedicated for edible ink prints and make sure you find the cartridges that fit that particular printer.
In this case, Target happened to have a sale on the Espon CX7450 for $29.99 and Kopykat sells the edible cartridges that fit that printer.
It really is a deal!...the last time I looked into this I would had spend $500.

FrostinGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostinGal Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 6:50pm
post #60 of 88

Bummer, I missed out on that one. Just a sign it's not time, yet.
Congrats to all of the new owners!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%