Baby Bum Cake

Decorating By MichaelaRod Updated 11 Aug 2008 , 9:17pm by sparklynne

MichaelaRod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichaelaRod Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 2:07pm
post #1 of 3

I have a baby shower cake to do, to feed 40. I would like to do that baby bum cake. Does anyone have instructions on how to do it with the baby butt being cake and not RKT? What pans to use? How many would it feed?

2 replies
sweettreat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 7:33pm
post #2 of 3

hi i have used wiltons oval pan for butt stacked high and i have used fondant blanket and lace panty .i have made a few more but dont have pictures my member name is sweettreat i have a picture of one hope this helps

sparklynne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklynne Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 9:17pm
post #3 of 3

I have done the baby bum cake myself. I got help from a wonderful cc'er here by the name of susanscakebabies I believe. I am sorry to Susan if I got that wrong icon_redface.gif I have found that you can set how many servings you get out of it by baking in various size bowls. I used a nice medium sized bowl and used a heating core in the center and mine baked out nicely. You then trim the sides at an angle so you get two half crescent moon shapes out of the pieces you trimmed off. You then drop them down level with the base of the cake and line them up to look like baby legs I used rice crispy treats for feet and covered all with fondant. I have a picture in my photos if you would like to see. If you need more specified help please feel free to email me and I will see what I can do for you icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%