Don't Cry Over Spoiled Milk...

Decorating By jenlg Updated 11 Aug 2008 , 12:17am by lynda-bob

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 11:44pm
post #1 of 6

Ever have one of those days?? Today I decided to try out the Wilton cuddly bear pan for a future cake I have coming up. After I started mixing I ran out of veg. oil. All I had left was olive oil. I can't drive to the store due to restrictions from surgery last week. So, I figured if he tastes bad we can throw him out, we have the base cake to eat. After baking and decorating everything I thought he turned out ok. Ha, the bear was trash cause he turned gummy (baked it longer and still yuck). I took the picture and was finally done. My DD comes in the kitchen and gets a drink. Suddenly she's spitting it out in the sink. Turns out my milk had spoiled, the same milk used for all the icing and cake. Now I think I'll use the cake for target practice! Thanks for letting me vent. Here it is....

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1253543.html

--after posting this I realized it went in cake decorating instead of cake disasters..sorry.

5 replies
CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 11:57pm
post #2 of 6

Haha, been there. icon_biggrin.gif My friend (not a baker) had a party. She was so proud of herself for making her own cupcakes (she orders from me a lot)..."You HAVE to try them!"

I desperately tried not to spit it out.

White box cupcakes made with the distinct taste of olive oil. Oh, they were horrible...She confessed. icon_biggrin.gif They were dense & gummy, too.

So I quickly made a new cake for her (oil-less).

tippyad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tippyad Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 11:58pm
post #3 of 6

At least the decoration turned out cute! Better luck next time!

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 12:00am
post #4 of 6

I was crying the other day over an empty vanilla extract bottle, only to find out a couple of hours later I was out of chocolate chips for cake balls. Major tears, my kids said it's okay mommy we dont need the cake balls covered in chocolate for them to be good.

heatherlikesfood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heatherlikesfood Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 12:05am
post #5 of 6

At least it wasn't for a customer! I've been there on those days... sit down and have some ice cream icon_biggrin.gif

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 12:17am
post #6 of 6

Oooh sorry for all the disasters but at least you have a really cute cake picture. He's adorable and you know for sure now that when you do him in the future, it'll be great icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%