Older Wilton Yearbook

Decorating By jnestor Updated 23 Aug 2008 , 10:17pm by SugarFrosted

jnestor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jnestor Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 1:15pm
post #1 of 5

I just had to share this. My wonderful boyfriend, who puts up with all my crazy cake decorating life, bought me a 1977 Wilton Yearbook. At first I wasn't sure how I could use it, but let me tell it is the coolest book I have thus far. There were so many decorating ideas, even though they were from the 1977 they really sparked a lot of creativity in my mind for "modern" looking cakes. Compared to my 2009 wilton yearbook, I was totally shocked. AND the instructions to make like the Wilton rose was so detailed, nothing like when I learned. I'm 22, and I just started decorating about 4 years, but I'm on a hunt now to find the older cake decorating books, and yearbooks, because I learned so much!

4 replies
Teenequeene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teenequeene Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:01am
post #2 of 5

I started collecting the Wilton Yearbooks. I found them all on Ebay. I'm still missing a few years. The older ones are great. The ideas are a little outdated but it sure got my mind going.

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 5:18pm
post #3 of 5

I have all of them. The older ones are my favorites. I think the buttercream cakes were so pretty. There were alot less fondant cakes.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 9:40pm
post #4 of 5

Up until less than a yr ago I had *e very* yrbk Wilton put out. I sold them to a gal in the UK....sure hope she is enjoying them as much as I did....I miss themicon_smile.gif
My Favorite! yr was 1979. I got soooo many wonderful ideas from that issue. I suggest you get that one nexticon_smile.gif

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 10:17pm
post #5 of 5

I love looking at all my old Wilton yearbooks too. I especially love the ones that have a bunch of different ways to decorate using the same character cake pan.
I found a bunch of them at flea markets over the years and the rest I bought on eBay, as well as almost all of the pattern books. They are an amazing resource.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%