Anyone Have Any Prayers To Spare?

Lounge By SMRturtle Updated 27 Aug 2008 , 10:53pm by michellenj

SMRturtle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SMRturtle Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 3:42am
post #1 of 23

icon_sad.gif My husband and I just went through our first IVF cycle. We have been trying to conceive for 4 and a half years, and so far have had no success. icon_cry.gif We were blessed enough to have the opportunity to do IVF and my beta was yesterday. The dr called to tell me it came back positive BUT a VERY low positive. icon_sad.gif He said he thinks I'm having a chemical pregnancy (an early miscarriage).
I am absolutely heartbroken. I have to go back on Monday and am trying my hardest to remain calm and hopeful, but my heart is already mourning this, and I just don't know what to do. I just can't find my silver lining..... icon_cry.gif
Please, if you pray, pray for a miracle, that when we go back on Monday the beta has jumped to the range it should be in. Thank you.

22 replies
kellymarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellymarie Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 3:55am
post #2 of 23

Having had three miscarriages myself, i understand. Please remember stress effects your body! try to relax, doctors can be wrong. treat your body like it is pregnant until they prove it otherwise. I say this because my doctor told me i was not pregnant ( did a blood test and everything) so i went on stressed out and drinking too much coffee and all that crap, whereas i should have been being more careful knowing how easy it was for me to miscarriage, and anyway it turns out i was pregnant all along, and then lost another icon_sad.gif

Long ( really long!) story short.... I will be praying. Keep your chin up.

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 5:36am
post #3 of 23

. . . yes, Dr.s are often wrong . . . that's why we say they are "practicing" . . . ( icon_biggrin.gif ) . . . seriously, try to relax . . . and pray that God's will be done . . . I will be doing the same . . . lifting you up in prayer . . .

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 5:52am
post #4 of 23

Will be lifting you and your husband up.

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

lepaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lepaz Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 6:31pm
post #5 of 23

[quote]"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11[quote]
Amen!

Good luck and try to relax. You know you shouldn't worry about things that haven't happened yet, there's just no point to it except to make yourself sick. Good thoughts, positive thoughts, try to distract yourself by doing something with your friends/family.
Crossing my fingers and saying a prayer for you!

janine1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janine1972 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:32pm
post #6 of 23

I too will keep you and your dh lifted up in prayer, and as all say try to relax - i know easier said than done!!
God Bless!!
and big hugs!!

kjt Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 3:18pm
post #7 of 23

Hi SMRturtle...just wondering how your doctor's appt went. Hoping that your beta is WAY up icon_smile.gif.
Let us know...

mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 7:42pm
post #8 of 23

Thinking of you....

Here's one of my favorite sayings that helps get me through a rough time:

"The WILL of God will not lead you....
where the GRACE of God will not protect you."

SMRturtle Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 1:11pm
post #9 of 23

I't official icon_cry.gif I'm having an early miscarriage. icon_sad.gif My beta doubled from the first to 2nd beta but then only went up slightly from the 2nd to 3rd beta.
My heart is broken and I can't believe this is happening. icon_sad.gif 4 1/2 years of trying, and after all of that- this is where we've ended up icon_sad.gif I'm not sure how to pick myself up from this one...... it's going to be a while I'm sure.
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers

kjt Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 6:07pm
post #10 of 23

I'm so sorry for you and your husband. Don't try to pick yourself up...just take a few days and rest.

Psalm 94:18 & 19
I cried out, "I'm slipping!" and your unfailing love, O Lord supported me. When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.

I love Psalm 91, too, particularly verses 4 and 5.
Please know that you will remain in my prayers.

PattyLen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyLen Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 11:12pm
post #11 of 23

Another prayer has gone up for your family.

lami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lami Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 1:22pm
post #12 of 23

God will surely grant your heart's desire to have a child of your own. You are on my prayer list.

seasonsmoke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seasonsmoke Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 1:39am
post #13 of 23

I'm so sorry for you and your husband. To have your hopes crushed like this is so sad. I had a misscarrage last year and it almost distroied me and my husband. The pain is overwhelming. I have not been able to get pregnat sense. I will pray for you.

janine1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janine1972 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 6:30pm
post #14 of 23

You and your husband are in my prayers!
Words cannot express how sorry i am for your loss!! BIG HUGS and I pray that God will hear your prayer for a child, and that he will bless you and your husband with one soon!

I also like the saying that goes:
God never gives you more than you can handle!

Though i know it feels that way, and it hurts like hell!! God will be there to hold you and guide you, trust in him, through God all things are possible!

God bless you and your family.
Will keep you uplifted in prayer

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 7:58pm
post #15 of 23

I am so sorry this is happening to you. I had one at 16 weeks, and it can definitely be devastating. The doctor who saw me in the ER gave me some very good advice (his wife had suffered mc too)-prepare yourself for the stupid things that people say when they are trying to make you feel better. I cried for 45 days straight, stayed in bed, and slept a lot. Eventually, it does get a little less painful. If you allow yourself to ask "why" you will make yourself insane.

((((hugs))))

Michelle

SMRturtle Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 1:32am
post #16 of 23

Thank you everyone. I had to get 2 shots of methotrexate on Sunday because my beta was still rising, and now they're thinking it could be etopic icon_sad.gif My heart is broken and I'm not sure how to pick myself up from this one.... We've been trying for so long and to get pregnant and have it end like this is devastating. icon_sad.gif
They told us we can't try for at least 3 months b/c of the medication they gave me. I have to go in on Thursday to see if my beta is dropping enough- otherwise I have to get 2 more shots of this medicationicon_sad.gif This stinks......

michellenj Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 1:47am
post #17 of 23

I know how you are hurting, and you want to try again right away, but just remember that your body has been through a trauma. That 3 mos will help your body and heart heal some.

I got a little book in the self-help secion of Borders called Empty Cradle, Empty Heart, or something like that. Half is for the man and half is for the woman to read, and it's little stories of people who lost cchildren to mc and other things. They were all really short and had a bible verse at the end, and if you were in the mood you could read more, or if not, you could just read one and cry. DH even read it some. I found it interesting that the one he read most often was about the loss being "the elephant in the room".

You can get through this.

SMRturtle Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 3:42am
post #18 of 23

Thank you so much Michelle. I am going to look for that book. My DH has been taking comfort in his faith in God, but I am not as strong of faith I guess, because I'm falling apart. icon_sad.gif I wish I could figure out how to start to pick up the pieces, and I wish I could get some answers. I'm so nervous that this could happen again icon_sad.gif

mawagner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mawagner Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 11:46am
post #19 of 23

Empty Womb, Aching Heart: Hope and Help for Those Struggling With Infertility
Marlo Schalesky

I think this is the one you are talking about. I just read it a few months ago. I know how hard it is to go through this. We have been strugging with IF for almost 7 years now and just recently moved onto adoption. Unfortunately, as wonderful as adoption is, I know that the pain of infertility will always be there. It's not something you go through and just leave behind. You will make it through to the other side a much stronger person! Just last night I was trying to look for the things that infertility has taught (or is teaching) me. I have learned to be much more patient and more understanding. I have learned that I will never again ask someone when they are having kids and I have learned that while I have felt a lot of sadness and pain in this journey I am a better person because of what we have gone through. You will make it through this even when it seems like you won't! You can pm me anytme if you want to talk.

Melissa

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 8:17pm
post #20 of 23

Prayers are being lifted for you and your husband! I am so sorry you are going through such a difficult time - but keep your faith - it will grow!!

michellenj Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 10:29pm
post #21 of 23

I don't think that is the book, it definitely didn't have anything to do w/ infertility. It was a tiny little book w/ a yellow cover, maybe 100 pages, or less. It was just a book of stories that were 1 pg each. I'll look and see if I still have it. If I do, I'll send it to you. (It is a little bit worn out though.)

mawagner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mawagner Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 10:43pm
post #22 of 23

Empty Cradle, Broken Heart: Surviving the Death of Your Baby
Deborah L. Davis

Could this be the one?

michellenj Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 10:53pm
post #23 of 23

That's it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%