Ri Crystalizing? Help!

Baking By Tashablueyes Updated 9 Aug 2008 , 8:30pm by wyckedwytch

Tashablueyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tashablueyes Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 4:50pm
post #1 of 2

So I've got tons of cookies to bake, I did my first batch and I think they turned out great, went to bed, and when I got up they are all crystallized... like they have a weird matte finish. I use Antonias RI recipe and I love, but why is this happening? Any way to fix the cookies I've got? And how do I avoid this next time?
Thanks a bunch icon_smile.gif

1 reply
wyckedwytch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wyckedwytch Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 8:30pm
post #2 of 2

I hate to say this, because I have learned the hard way but, it could be a whole number of things!
Did you have any clumps of powdered sugar that didn't mix in? Is your house cold(air conditioned right)? Is the color that caused issues dark colors, adding to much causes this? Is it possible you added to much water to thin it? Did you have extra flour or powdered sugar oon the sugar cookies from when you rolled them out?
I also just read a great article that talked acidic water (which I have) cause the brake down of sugar.

I know this is not much of any help but they are all reasons for this, I'm not sure what you can do to fix the ones you already did except to scrape them( been there) and re do them.

I'm so sorry, I understand your frustration if you look in my photos on my dolphin and my witch with the light purple dress you can see the spots. hese were done with toba's glace but I 've had it done with RI also.

My heart goes out to you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%