Kind Of Urgent...is This Possible?

Decorating By steffla Updated 10 Aug 2008 , 5:08am by kellymarie

steffla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffla Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 7:39pm
post #1 of 12

Sorry but I have a customer waiting for a response... I was wondering if its possible to do what she wants. There is a 60th birthday and she wants number cakes but wants it to feed 10-12 people. Is that even remotely possible? I feel like I need to charge her for a much bigger cake to create both numbers...any help appreciated!!

11 replies
tannersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tannersmom Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 7:54pm
post #2 of 12

Let me see if I understand. She wants a cake in the #6 & #0?

steffla Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 8:05pm
post #3 of 12

yes thats exactly what she wants...

2508s42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2508s42 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 8:26pm
post #4 of 12

Just make a template out of parchment paper, then cut the shapes out of a large sheet cake.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 8:52pm
post #5 of 12

Well if she only wants it to feed 10-12 people, there are two options:

1. Make really small number cakes (lol)

2. Make them a decent size, but charge her (instead of charging by the serving, just give her a flat-out price for the cake, and explain to her why the cake{s} needs to be larger than what she wants).

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 8:58pm
post #6 of 12

It's probably past your time deadline but you could pipe the #s on top of 6" rounds. The piped # would take up almost the entire top of the cake. OR you could cut them from 6 or 8" rounds.
Often, there is no way to accomadate what a customer wants. Either y ou have to come up w/another idea or give them a larger cake than they want.

sugarplumfairycanada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarplumfairycanada Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 9:05pm
post #7 of 12

You could use the smallest wilotn oval pans and bake 2 then decorate the top of the cakes making one with a 6 and the other with an 0 or carve them into each numbers shape. HTH

steffla Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 3:32am
post #8 of 12

Thank you everyone for your responses! I still havent really answered yet other than to tell her the cake will definitely be larger than that. She didnt seem to mind was just concerned about the price. Since this particular cake is kind of a favor and friend price I guess it wont matter in the long run!

I hadnt even thought of the wilton oval pans! That is a very good idea, wonder if I could carve them without breaking the cake. That part she was specific about. Wants them in that shape not just having the numbers drawn on to the cakes.

If not the oval I will just carve from one sheet cake. Thank you again for your help!!!

deliciously_decadent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deliciously_decadent Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 3:56am
post #9 of 12

you could make 2x 6" rounds and cut them from that then kust charge what you would for 2 6" rounds but what is left from being cut would feed 10/12 people?

steffla Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 4:12pm
post #10 of 12

wow thanks adatay!!

deliciously_decadent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deliciously_decadent Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 4:39am
post #11 of 12

glad to help icon_biggrin.gif

kellymarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellymarie Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 5:08am
post #12 of 12

I thought i hear of number pans somewhere..... and they were disposable or something?

Maybe google it?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%