"new Mom" Theme?? Please Help!

Decorating By heiser73 Updated 10 Aug 2008 , 6:01am by aztomcat

heiser73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heiser73 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 5:41pm
post #1 of 5

Hi there,
I just got a call for a 9in round birthday cake. Sounds easy enough, right? Well then they called back saying they want it to have a "new mom theme" because the birthday girl is a new mom and they think that would be really cute. But they had no ideas for me and just left it up to me. I was hoping I could find something on here to help me out, but I'm just stumped. Maybe I'm not going about it in the right way, but how do you make a new mom cake that isn't a baby shower cake? I've already made this girl her baby shower cake so I'm having a really hard time distinguishing between the two. I was hoping you guys could help me out. They want the cake to say, "Happy Birthday Mommy, from your little Angel".
Thanks so much for your time! -Alison

4 replies
janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:09pm
post #2 of 5

if you do any fondant modeling - you could make the new "thin" mommy with a baby and stoller and/or diaperbag. ot aine2 posted a really cute cake of a decorator - you cou modify that for baby, with diapers, wipes, toys, clothes, bottles etc. good luck post pics!!

heiser73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heiser73 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks 'janelwaters' for your reply! I actually was thinking of doing something like that, but I already quoted her $30 thinking she just wanted a basic birthday cake. And if I did anything like that, I'd have to increase the price considerably and they don't want to pay anymore than that since it's just for the family. I was thinking of maybe doing a silhouette of a mother and baby, or just find a picture of what you said a skinny mommy with a diaper bag and stroller etc. But thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:46pm
post #4 of 5

if you found the right picture you could do the fbct or a chocolate transfer that would be really cute!!

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 6:01am
post #5 of 5

I like your silhouette idea, but to go with the wording I think you should add angel wings to the baby and add a bit of luster dust to them if you have some.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%