For Va Home Business

Business By sugarcheryl Updated 8 Aug 2008 , 8:02pm by costumeczar

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 5:19pm
post #1 of 2

I'm in the process of my paper work for home biz. What do they mean by product code? I never did this before. I also read on a thread that you needed a bucket of water and bleach near by. It also said that if I did not purchase label I could use a proposed mock label. I would only do labels for my cookie, and tarts because do not need labels and you need to weigh the items also in how I plan to package and sale? I do have a scale. Help icon_surprised.gif

1 reply
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 8:02pm
post #2 of 2

What are you going to be selling? We've discussed the label issue on another thread, and the last inspection I had I called the Dept of Agriculture and asked about it. If you're selling packaged goods to a framer's market or a store you have to label, if you're delivering cakes yourself you don't. There's an exemption for goods that are delivered and set up by the person who made them, because if anyone has questions about the ingredients you'll be there to answer the questions.

You need a bottle of bleach solution in a spray bottle to clean your worksurface, you don't need a bucket. The Clorox Cleanup spray they're selling now is the same thing, basically. I called the Clorox people to ask them what strength it was, and then I tested the strength of it after I bought a bottle, and it's a lot stronger than they said it is. The health inspector said that it was pretty much the same thing, but you pay more for it!

I don't weigh anything, that goes along with the packaging and labelling issue.

Quote by @%username% on %date%