Looking For Honest Opinion!

Decorating By krispy1976 Updated 13 Aug 2008 , 1:34pm by Jasmine33

krispy1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krispy1976 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 1:30pm
post #1 of 25

Ok, I did a order last night sched. for del. this morning, at 10am! I have this gut feeling that this cake is not what I wanted nor what they will want. The request was for a rainbow barbie cake, with a crown and wands. I myself do not care for the crown or wands. My husband and 3y old like the cake, in fact our 3y old, was foaming at the mouth sitting at the table looking at it last night, she says she wants one! But I guess I am looking for honesty, I did as the 7y old requested, with the cake! I know others have stated in some of their forums *their* gut feeling to their cakes are questionable, but all mine seem to be, I am just a nerv. person...So honestly what do you all think? If you we 7 would you like this cake?

Thanks for looking, may be a double post! I posted one before this morning but never came up...Sorry if it is!
LL

24 replies
krispy1976 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 1:32pm
post #2 of 25

Nice typo this morning **OPINION** Sorry !

Tiababe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiababe Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 1:34pm
post #3 of 25

Well, I don't have a seven year old, but I do have a five year old. Her exact words were "Oh....that is sooo beautiful!". And I have to agree with her. You did a great job!

isista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
isista Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 1:36pm
post #4 of 25

I agree. It is very colorful (that cheers up the kids) and looks beautiful. Good job..

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 1:41pm
post #5 of 25

My 6 year old says she'll take one icon_biggrin.gif

Ignore your gut feeling, I think this cake will be just what they wanted.

cakecastle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecastle Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 1:56pm
post #6 of 25

I think you did a fantastic job! The colors are wonderful and cheery! If I was a 7 yr old and receiving this cake I would be proud and grinning from ear to ear.

valbos22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valbos22 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 2:05pm
post #7 of 25

I think you just have a case of the nerves. That cake is lovely and I am sure the 7 year old will be thrilled.

Smiles,

Val

vagostino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vagostino Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 2:10pm
post #8 of 25

that cake is amazing! it's exactly what i would picture for a rainbow Barbie! the colors merge perfectly to make the rainbow effect! They'll be thrilled!
Chin up and be confident!

ChrisPA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisPA Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 2:10pm
post #9 of 25

I turn 37 next year...will you make the same cake for me?

My jaw dropped when I saw it. I think it is very pretty.

mclaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mclaren Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 2:10pm
post #10 of 25

all i can say is, WOW!!!

jessieb578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessieb578 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 2:10pm
post #11 of 25

Beautiful cake! If you don't mind me asking, how did you get the rainbow effect? Do you have an airbrush?

maimerbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maimerbaker Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 2:19pm
post #12 of 25

You have should have no worries! It is wonderful!

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 2:22pm
post #13 of 25

This is a fantastic rainbow Barbie cake! I love the wonderful colors. It is bright, fun and well done. I think the adults and children alike will be all smiles for this. It looks great.

- Debbie B.

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 2:28pm
post #14 of 25

I don't have any kids, but I think if I did this would be a great cake for a little girl (or a very open minded little boy)!

The only suggestion I can make (and I would have no idea how to do this with an airbrush) would be to somehow separate the colors on the skirt (as they are in the bodice) so it doesn't look quite so tie-dyed.

Don't get me wrong, though. It looks great! icon_biggrin.gif

iluvjay829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvjay829 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 2:32pm
post #15 of 25

I think any seven year old, or any little girl for that matter would love this! I find with little girls, the more the better. You did a beautiful job.

karensjustdessert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensjustdessert Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 2:39pm
post #16 of 25

I have a feeling that's even better than what the birthday girl had in her head.
The skirt looks fabulous.

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 3:22pm
post #17 of 25

Well, all I know is, that when my daughter was 7, she LOVED Barbie and she would have LOVED to have had this cake!!!!!!!
You did a FABULOUS job!!!! Any 7 year old girl would be nuts for it!!!!
Don't be so hard on yourself, it's excellent!!!!!!

What is it that Duff on Ace of Cakes says?
"At the end of the day, it's just a cake!"

Susan

krispy1976 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 4:23pm
post #18 of 25

Ok, the 7y old was all smiles, and her dad had more to say about the cake then her mom, he loved it! Mom was, well she did not show much reaction at all, but maybe she was speechless! LOL, but yes to her dads review and Lexi's review of the cake ya I am happy after all, not like I charged an arm and a leg for the cake either!

But yes I have an airbrush **bought a caker out, last month and I have 10Lg boxes of stuff, every pan under the sun, brand new airbrush, 3 boxes of pillers, plates, fountain, just a whole lot, and all like new Mailbox News from 1962 to pres. all in binders, for only $500.00!** so I have a few cakes to do to get my money back...lol and just staring to use it, I am all self tought here, so lots to learn! so ya I am going barbie hunting this weekend, to find some cheap cler. ones, I just do not care for the pic ones, they are so lifeless.....And I want to thank everyone for their feedback!

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 4:41pm
post #19 of 25

Great to hear they loved it! Hey it may not be what one of us would want, but the cake was well done and just what I would think of if someone said "rainbown barbie". Great job!!

~Alicia

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 5:59pm
post #20 of 25

I'd want one for my 28th birthday in October icon_biggrin.gif it's so colorful and pretty! I miss my Barbie icon_sad.gif

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:28pm
post #21 of 25

Ahhh, I will tell u as I told my daug. one time when she was 5yrs old...she liked this little boy, whom her sister thought was ugly...and kidded her about it...I told her:

BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER....AND UNLESS YOUR THE ONE BEHOLDING, THEN YOU DONT YOUR THOUGHTS REALLY DONT COUNT HERE. I told her you love carrots, I hate them!!! I like you to clean your room, you HATE TOO...so...unless your beholding, SHHHhhhhh!!!

You did a wonderufl job...*hugs*

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:56am
post #22 of 25

I do believe that you need a new gut because the one you have is lying!

Great cake, stunning!

kookyfaery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kookyfaery Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 4:07am
post #23 of 25

When it comes to creating anything, we are our own worst enemy. I do interior design, a have two professional photographers in my family, we all are so hard on ourselves. I have had so many clients I wanted to tell them I just can't come up with something I think you'll like call this designer or that, but I go show them what I have anyway and they love it, I get hugs, tears, etc etc.

Bonnie151 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonnie151 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 6:39am
post #24 of 25

I personally don't like it that much, BUT, if I were a 7 year old girl I would LOVE it!!! So I'm not surprised your little customer liked it. It's perfect for a little girl.

Jasmine33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jasmine33 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 1:34pm
post #25 of 25

My birthday is in December and you can send that to me! lol

I have a friend on another board and we were discussing cakes and she found out another friend does Barbie cakes and she said when she was little she was sad cause she never got one. Next birthday she is getting one form the other gal. haha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%