Hobby Baker Story - Kinda' Funny But Sad :)

Decorating By LeckieAnne Updated 8 Aug 2008 , 5:41pm by GeminiRJ

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 4:32am
post #1 of 5

Ok, so I'm just a hobby baker. I work full time, have a 20 year old and a 15 month daughter, husband, two dogs, two cats, and commute like 3 hours a day to babysitter and work... so... three weeks ago I work my tushy of to make hubby this (pretty cool, I think) graduation cake (he got his master's while working full time) - and week after that, had two cakes to do for friends (I NEVER do two cakes in a week - but I'm a sucker and did it anyway icon_smile.gif).

Same weekend was hubby's and our neighbor's birthday. We had a cookout - and I just didn't have it in me to another fancy cake. So they ended up with two 9 x 13's - still in the pan! Though, I did, at least, write their names on them. I know, sad!! Poor hubby.

I'll try to attach the pictures - but thought someone might get a kick out my little story.
LL
LL

4 replies
raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 5:00am
post #2 of 5

The thing about the shoemaker's kids having no shoes comes to mind! icon_lol.gif Oh well, there's only so much you can do and the cakes did look yummy icon_smile.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 5:24am
post #3 of 5

Those are great looking cakes. icon_smile.gif
(They're just not real fancy.)

Your writing is so perfect!!!! thumbs_up.gif

I'd have been tickled to have a slice of either. birthday.gifparty.gif
(Or both.) icon_lol.gifshhh.gif

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 1:52pm
post #4 of 5

I think the look great! Simple? Yes, but you know what, every cake doesnt have to be a 4 teired fondant extravaganza lol. Your writing is amazing, I so want a bite!

~Alicia

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 5:41pm
post #5 of 5

Before I started decorating, I thought EVERY homemade cake was left in the pan and iced. Who knew?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%