Un Iced Cake

Decorating By solascakes Updated 10 Aug 2008 , 6:58pm by indydebi

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 10:54pm
post #1 of 7

Hello everyone, a client has requested for a birthday cake without the icing for her birthday on saturday,please how do i keep the cake moist and from drying out on the day b4 its served.I usually cover in cling film which works fine at home but presenting it is what im bothered about.Thanks a lot.

6 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 11:01pm
post #2 of 7

Martha Stewart actually has one of these pictured in one of her wedding books. Definitely use a wash on the layers and if possible something creamy/fruity in between.

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 11:03pm
post #3 of 7

Simple syrup will keep it moist and so will the cling
I would just take the cling off before putting it in the box for delivery

solascakes Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 11:12pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks a lot,please can i make the syrup myself,how do i make it ,thanks again.

solascakes Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 11:26pm
post #5 of 7

i have gotten the syrup recipe here, thanks a lot.

waywordz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
waywordz Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 6:41pm
post #6 of 7

I would have to ask if it was to keep down the sugar factor or because they don't like traditional icing. You might not be helping, if they are avoiding the icing because of the sugar, by putting the simple syrup on the cake. (I was told at a support group for Diabetes that I used to go to that generally I should aim for no more than 5 gm of fat or sugars per SERVING. That being the key part of what they were teaching us about reading labels. If you eat double you get double...If it is I wonder would you be able to use a sf syrup? Or sf jelly?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 6:58pm
post #7 of 7

I've done two strawberry shortcake wedding cakes .... cakes are torted and filled but not iced, withjust strawberry sat on top (both are in pics). I torted, filled and wrapped in saran. Unwrapped the day of the wedding, delivered and assembled (or if you're doing a single tier, then assemble and deliver). Holds up fine. I'm a Betty Crocker mix baker, so that might make a difference, though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%