Constructive Criticism Needed On Bouquet...

Baking By bakinccc Updated 13 Aug 2008 , 7:41pm by bakinccc

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 12:21am
post #31 of 36

I too like the idea of different sized cookies and I like to outline in the same color after I flood to add a little more dimension.
Post pics of the finished bouquet-I bet it will be great!!

bellejoey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellejoey Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 12:38am
post #32 of 36

OH! Wilton carries a color that would match the pot perfectly!!! It is called Delphinium blue and another color called cornflower blue! I have used these colors and they are the same blue coloring that I see in your pot. icon_smile.gif..

seasonsmoke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seasonsmoke Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 1:03am
post #33 of 36

You could try adding some leaves. Maybe adding some detail to the center of the flowers. When you look at a real flower you will notice a vain down the center of each petal. You could add a Ladybug or a butterfly.

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 3:05am
post #34 of 36

bellejoey - I just bought the Delphinium Blue the other day to try! I hope that works better for me.

Thanks again to you all...I probably won't suggest this bouquet to anyone until next mother's day, so it'll be a while before anyone sees the finished deal, but thanks for the great suggestions. I wrote down all of them and put the paper in the pot so I won't forget them when it actually comes to making it. You're all so kind!!!!!!

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 6:39pm
post #35 of 36

ok I LOVE ALL OF YOUR COOKIES!!!! (bowing down)
whew, ok, now that that's out of the way
here's my suggestions...
similar to what others have said...

I think you should be more literal to the flowers on the pot, i.e. 5 petal flowers, and have different color centers like the pot.
I would also outline in white, or maybe in a complementary color??? (like a lighter or darker blue, e.g. the light blue outline on the bubbles of my Ariel cookie bouquet)

I would also make some of the flowers at least 50% larger to relate better to the scale of the pot. (some smaller ones would add interest too)

then I would make leaf cookies in the celeron (sp) light green like the pot.
I would try to make a grouping of 3-5 leaves on a single stick. I saw someone on here do that where the cookie bouquet had different flowers and leaf cookies made to look (realisitcally) like a real bouquet and I loved it!!!
found it:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1224143

can't wait to see what you come up with!!! icon_biggrin.gif[/url]

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 7:41pm
post #36 of 36

JenWhitlock - I have that bouquet in my fav's too. Just love it!!!! And thanks for the suggestions too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%