Opinions On Cupcakes From The Cake Doctor Anne Byrn

Baking By SueB Updated 8 Sep 2008 , 8:31am by Bellatheball

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 12:24am
post #31 of 38

The banana pudding cupcakes were delicious. If you make the filling you only need half a recipe to fill all the cupcakes.

SueB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueB Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 2:27am
post #32 of 38

Thanks vww104...I've been thinking about making the banana pudding ones and now I will definitely have to try them!

shell78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell78 Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 5:25am
post #33 of 38

My family loved the cinnamon ones! I just made the Malted Milk ones and they are yummy. The Malted Milk Buttercream is so delicious! But I have a thing for malt mix. I ate a lot of vanilla ice cream with malt powder mixed in while I was pregnant with my son! This icing reminded me a lot of that flavor. I also made the Cookie Dough ones but wasn't impressed. I'm sending them to work with hubby tomorrow so we'll see what they think of them. I want to try so many of the recipes in this book!

FYI... it's on sale right now on Amazon for $6.69. I added it to an order I was already placing and I'm glad I did!

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 12:24pm
post #34 of 38

Thankyou guys so much for keeping this thread going!! I've had the book for 2 years and just now started trying recipes in it. You all have inspired me. Thanks for the updates!! The banana pudding and the cinnamon! Yummy! It's raining ALOT here right now and those sound so good. Might have to make a store run and close myself up in the kitchen all day!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 1:44am
post #35 of 38

I made the Cookie Dough ones and wasn't in love with them, either.

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 2:40am
post #36 of 38

I finally made the cinnamon toast cuppies on thurs night! Oh my goodness did my house smell wonderful!!! They tasted fantastic! Everyone raved over them and loved them! They looked really ugly though. Did anyone else have this problem? They didn't really dome and the cooler they got it seems like the more they sank in the middle. ???? Did I do something wrong? It won't keep me from baking them again but I am glad I wasn't doing them for someone else!! icon_surprised.gif

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 8:29am
post #37 of 38

I love the cookie dough cupcakes and now use that mix base for all of my yellow cakes minus the cookie dough.

The buttercream recipes that I've tried are all amazing. I especially like the lemon buttercream (very lemony!) and chocolate buttercream.

I tried the blackout cupcakes (with a different frosting than recommended in the book) and found them to be very dry. The second time I made them I added some extra oil but they were still dry.

I've made the mini lemon cupcakes a few time. I make homemade lemon curd and find the flavor of these cupcakes (with only 1/3 cup lemon curd) to be very subtle. Don't use it with the lemon buttercream though, it tends to be a bit overwhelming in combination.

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 8:31am
post #38 of 38

Oh, I tried the red velvet recipe too and it was very very dry. I wound up filling the cupcakes with the frosting and then frosting the tops too. It was still obvious that they were dry. I personally won't do that one again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%