How Would You Stand These Up??

Decorating By learnboutcakes Updated 8 Aug 2008 , 3:10am by learnboutcakes

learnboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
learnboutcakes Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 8:36pm
post #1 of 5

I am trying to figure out how to stand up the numbers on the top of the cake. I made them already using fondant. With the one-I inserted a 22 gauge wire up throught the fondant and it is working fine. However, instead of 16, the b-day girl will be 14 so the 4 is tricky. I ended up inserting another wire up throught the long side of the 4 but I am not sure how to make the other part of the 4 from falling over??? Any help or suggestions...please?
LL

4 replies
Hollysuann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollysuann Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 8:46pm
post #2 of 5

Could you put a straw down thru the cake and then stick the wire attached to the 4 into the straw? That way the wire couldn't go anywhere because it's held in place by the straw.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 9:05pm
post #3 of 5

It looks a lot like the 6 is propped with a little ball of fondant...look closely and you'll see a little green ball with a piece of candy stuck in front.

You can do the same with the 4, especially if it's a closed-top 4, then the leg is shorter. Put a ball of fondant of a different color under it and put a candy in front.

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 10:33pm
post #4 of 5

What do you mean..."the other part of the four"?? I usually make my numbers in one piece with some kind of wire or skewer to insert in the cake. If it's a number that has pieces than I would stick it together while the fondant is soft and let it dry like that.

learnboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
learnboutcakes Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 3:10am
post #5 of 5

Thanks for all of the replies....and the great ideas. I love this site!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%