Mmf Help

Decorating By carolbby Updated 7 Aug 2008 , 9:26pm by carolbby

carolbby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolbby Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 6:18pm
post #1 of 8

I made my first batch of MMF last night. I made the version where you zap the mellows, add PS, flavoring, glycerin and mix with cricoed hands. It takes soooooo much better than the Wilton stuff. I massaged it a little this a.m. just to see how it was doing and it seemed alittle stiff. Does this sound right? Any suggestions would be appreciated soooooooo much!
HAVE A SWEEET DAY!

Carol

7 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 6:24pm
post #2 of 8

It's usually stiffer the next day. It can be put in the microwave for a few seconds to make it more pliable. Don't do it for too long, and if any of it looks melted when you take it out, don't touch that part until it cools...it burns like crazy and glues itself to you (personal experience speaking here icon_biggrin.gif )

Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 6:31pm
post #3 of 8

Also remember not to use the whole bag of ps. It calls for a 2 lb bag, I find it is to stiff so I use all but about 1/2-3/4 cup. Then it is just the right softness for rolling out.

BellaSweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BellaSweet Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 6:38pm
post #4 of 8

Shelly4481, thanks so much for replying to OP. My MMF always came out stiff as well. I always wondered about using less PS. Didn't know of it would be ok. So thanks so much.

carolbby Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 6:52pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks ladies. I'll keep your comments in mind when I make my next batch of MMF. Since I already made my MMF using the WHOLE bag of PS any suggestions on how to remedy the stiffness? Maybe add Crisco? Add'l water?

Thanks ladies!
Carol

carolbby Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 9:21pm
post #6 of 8

Please if anyone has any suggestions, they would sooooooo be appreciated.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 9:24pm
post #7 of 8

If warming it up didn't help, then try kneading in some more glycerin.

carolbby Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 9:26pm
post #8 of 8

TEXAS-ROSE. Thanks a million I'll give it a try!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%