Sheet Cake

Decorating By TheCakerator Updated 7 Aug 2008 , 5:35pm by TheCakerator

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 8:46pm
post #1 of 8

I am making a sheet cake for my grandmas 80th birthday on Saturday. I am wondering if anyone reading this might know of a nice looking sheet cake for an her. I am not interested in using any fondant, just buttercream. Thanks for any ideas!!!

7 replies
varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 8:54pm
post #2 of 8

Try searching the gallery for "sheet cake" and see what comes up. You're a better judge of what your grandmother will like than any of us, but that will give you some ideas to look at.

feliciangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
feliciangel Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 9:00pm
post #3 of 8

I would check out Cakery's profile. I love her sheet cakes

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 9:08pm
post #4 of 8

most of the time , i pipe flowers using buttercream... that is the flower for that month.... especially for women of all ages.. also, if your grandmother likes to work in her flowers etc... you could pipe a garden of flowers... hth

hummingbird59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hummingbird59 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 9:12pm
post #5 of 8

What are you grandmother's likes? My mom is 92 and she wanted lavender roses on her cake. How about a photo of her as a girl? You can order an edible image or just laminate a photo, lay it on the cake and add border with flowers around it. Let us see what you come up with.

Valli_War Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Valli_War Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 9:28pm
post #6 of 8

Check out Indydebi's album. She has lots of pretty all buttercream sheet cake pictures.

dawncr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawncr Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 10:21pm
post #7 of 8

What's her favorite color? Does she have a favorite author or poem or something? Does she/Did she have any particular hobbies? Just a few ideas....

She'll love it, because she'll be thrilled you made it. Be sure to post a photo!

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 5:35pm
post #8 of 8

thanks you guys for all of your ideas. I think I am going to make something very simple for her since it will be eaten at the family reunion and that means it will be sitting out all day with lots of little "fingers" running by! This is going to be a surprise cake for her, so I'm sure she will love it regardless!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%