Rhonda's Ultimate Mmf Altered, Help

Decorating By maimai16 Updated 6 Aug 2008 , 3:58pm by aswartzw

maimai16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maimai16 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 3:08am
post #1 of 5

hi CC peeps!

have you tried to omit the lemon extract & juice on rhonda's ultimate recipe? it is so great to work with but i need a fondant that goes well with chocolate cakes. with rhonda's fondant, lemon seems doesnt go well with chocolate... i'm wondering if i'll replace the lemon extract & juice with other flavoring like peppermint oil do you think it will still be as manageable as with the original recipe?

i'm going to make a dark chocolate cake with semi sweet chocolate ganache and mint MMF. all your opinions are very much welcome icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
maimai16 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 3:11am
post #2 of 5

or maybe, i can just omit the lemons and stick with the orig recipe will be fine also... please help... i cant afford to make experiments b/c the cake is due this weekend... icon_cry.gif

twinkletoe21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinkletoe21 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 5:52am
post #3 of 5

i have always used rhondas recipe with or without the lemon.. and it still tastes good and it seems thesame to me one way or the other... nothing really changes consistency wise or anything.. HTH!

maimai16 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 6:17am
post #4 of 5

what a relief... thanks for posting twinkletoe21... another question though... can i half the recipe? icon_biggrin.gif

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 3:58pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletoe21

i have always used rhondas recipe with or without the lemon.. and it still tastes good and it seems thesame to me one way or the other... nothing really changes consistency wise or anything.. HTH!

Agree. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%