My Latest Cakes...:)

Decorating By anikkim0915 Updated 8 Aug 2008 , 3:20am by kellertur

anikkim0915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anikkim0915 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 7:46pm
post #1 of 13

So I am still a newbie to cake decorating, but I really do love it. I wanted to share some cakes I did last week. I did a hawaiian Shirt cake for a BBQ. It was a lot of fun to do and I got rave reviews on it.

I also did 2 golf theme cakes for a suprise 60th Birthday party (a dear friends father) Those were a bit more of a challange b/c my a/c decided to go caput that day and my house was HOT... needless to say frosting was not my friend that dayicon_smile.gif The sheet cake looks like it is sloped for some reason, it was not sloped in person. (I think I will blame the photographer....(aka myself) for the sloped pic)

Thanks for looking
LL
LL
LL
LL

12 replies
valbos22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valbos22 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 8:37pm
post #2 of 13

Nice job!

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 8:38pm
post #3 of 13

You did a wonderful job on those cakes, Congrats!!! I love the golf ball cake, how did you get the indentations on the frosting?

Jasmine33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jasmine33 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 9:31pm
post #4 of 13

They look great. Good job!

anikkim0915 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 10:06pm
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by msthang1224

You did a wonderful job on those cakes, Congrats!!! I love the golf ball cake, how did you get the indentations on the frosting?

I made the dimples with my handy dandy dimple maker...aka My middle finger icon_lol.gif

daisy43 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisy43 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 4:03am
post #6 of 13

wow very nice. I like em all. great detail on that hawian shirt. did you use a cookie cutter for the flower? i know dumb question but i'm just a noobie at all this icon_smile.gif

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 1:07pm
post #7 of 13

very nice. I like the golf ball. icon_smile.gif

anikkim0915 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 6:21pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy43

wow very nice. I like em all. great detail on that hawian shirt. did you use a cookie cutter for the flower? i know dumb question but i'm just a noobie at all this icon_smile.gif

The flowers were freehand. And then I startupped them and outlined again in another color.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments. I get a ton of great ideas here on CC and look forward to sharing more of my workicon_smile.gif

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 6:26pm
post #9 of 13

The Hawaiian shirt is super cute!

daisy43 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisy43 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 3:36am
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by anikkim0915

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy43

The flowers were freehand. And then I startupped them and outlined again in another color.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments. I get a ton of great ideas here on CC and look forward to sharing more of my workicon_smile.gif

oh kool. Thanks for sharing icon_smile.gif

MaxTRexmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaxTRexmom Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 12:09pm
post #11 of 13

Very nice!

mouse13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mouse13 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 5:48pm
post #12 of 13

Those are very nice. Great job.

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 3:20am
post #13 of 13

Your cakes look great- I really like the hawaiian shirt.
thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%