Ideas Please

Baking By KellJ Updated 10 Aug 2008 , 12:33am by banba

KellJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellJ Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 5:17pm
post #1 of 4

One of my customers wants 20-25 cupcakes half chocolate with white frosting and half vanilla with chocolate frosting but wants a cupcake cake in the shape of a clowns face.

Any ideas how to incorporate the chocolate frosted ones in?? Maybe a hat??

I HATE clowns!!

3 replies
abslu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abslu Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 8:26pm
post #2 of 4

I hate clowns too! Yuck! At Christmas time I frosted Santa hats on my cupcakes. These were mini-cupcakes, but I think you could do the same thing, just with "clown-ish" colors. I just used a star tip, and swirled red frosting around the cupcake bringing the icing up, letting it build on itself until it was tall enough to look like a Santa hat. Then I used white icing to make the border of the hat and the little pom-pom on the end.
I tried to do this same thing using colors for NFL teams (I had extra frosting) and they turned out looking like clown hats!!
I hope this makes sense, I can't find the pic I took of the santa hats! They were so cute! I hope to at least get you going! Clowns are hard to use, they scare most people! Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:59pm
post #3 of 4

If your clown can be ethnic then not a problem. If not, one idea is to fill the cc with chocolate BC. Then ice the tops with your regular BC.

You could put a thin, flat layer of chocolate BC on the cc, then pipe red or orange swirls on top of that for the hair.

Other than that, I'm stumped.

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 12:33am
post #4 of 4

could you use the chocolate frosted cupcakes in place of polka dots on the hat and ruffles around the chin?

Or just give the clown plain chocolate coloured hair?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%