Quick- Can I Leave Satin Ice In Bucket In Hot Car?

Decorating By 1234me Updated 7 Aug 2008 , 11:37am by foxymomma521

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 11:59am
post #1 of 9

I am going to buy some supplies today and need to buy several buckets of Satin Ice. I also planned on going to buy my kids school supplies. Will the fondant be ok left in my hot car? It is 100 degress plus here and I don't want to have it ruined by the heat. I wanted to buy the fondant first then go buy the school supplies. I can take the fondant into the store to buy the school supplies but I am sure I will need all the room in my basket for school supplies since I have three kids!

8 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:07pm
post #2 of 9

as long as you keep the ac on.... and don't stay too long in the store...
Do you have a cooler you can put it in?

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:09pm
post #3 of 9

I wouldn't recommend it. My Fondarific samples came sometime in the last few days and I only got them into the house Sunday night (my DIL came to bring in the mail since I wasn't able to go get it) and all the fondant was melting and all the oil/grease in it had seeped out of it. I had to knead it all a lot to get as much as I could to mix it back in. I had no idea the sample would get here so quickly!

A cooler sounds like a good idea to me in this awful heat! Janice

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 5:13am
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by veejaytx

... My Fondarific samples came sometime in the last few days ...

If I may change the subject... I looked at their website, but couldn't find what was in the sample pack. Do you know VJ? I'm really interested in the Buttercream and tutti-frutti. Thanks.

Kavingate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kavingate Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 6:04am
post #5 of 9

I accidentally left some Satin Ice, Chocopan, and Fondarific in my van for several days when I was in Orlando for ICES. After 4 days in major heat, the Satin Ice and Chocopan were fine. The Fondarific had separated and was very liquid-y. Unfortunately, it never occurred to me to try to knead the Fondarific samples back together, and I chucked them. (How well did re-kneading work, BTW, veejaytx?)

An accidental fondant test!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 7:19am
post #6 of 9

Honeydukes, the samples are sent pretty much random, but I got the buttercream, chocolate, strawberry and melon (didn't taste like strawberry or melon to me, definitely more like Sweet Tart candies). The BC and chocolate were pretty good, the BC was very sweet. I think I'd rather have Chocopan and Satin Ice, (I haven't tried the chocolate SI) especially for the price.
Don't know for sure, but am thinking everybody probably gets the BC and chocolate, and then a couple of the colorful candy flavors.

Kavingate, I was able to get a good deal of the oil mixed back into the fondant, but it definitely did change the texture. The samples came in small plastic bags, and each of them was all greasy and yucky, so I was pretty sure there was a lot of the oil lost.

Actually, I wound up eating the samples like candy (you know how it is when there is no cake around.)
LOL

foxymomma521 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 11:03am
post #7 of 9

I got the Tutti Frutti in my sample pack... It tastes just like a Starburst icon_smile.gif

disneynutbsv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneynutbsv Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 11:28am
post #8 of 9

Could you post the link to order the sample pack?

foxymomma521 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 11:37am
post #9 of 9

http://fondarific.com/shoppingcart.php?item=35 it's the last item on the page...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%