Help! Need 80Th Birthday Cake Ideas Asap!

Decorating By yellobutterfly Updated 5 Aug 2008 , 6:45am by bwonderful

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 6:22am
post #1 of 3

Got an e-mail from a lady who outsources catering, she's doing a birthday party for an 80 year old and - I'm out of ideas! She did say that the cake will be going along way (travelling that is), so she was thinking along the lines of a sheet cake or several small cakes - here's an excerpt from her e-mail, please post pics of cakes you've done or any cake you come across that might relate to her requests!

TIA!!

"...birthday party for a very special 80 year old lady. She is still very active, sells real-estate, used to be the editor and own the local newspaper and is active in her church. She loves kids. Any special idea for a very special cake for her? Is there any way we could do a gift box design cake(s) that we could set-up on separate pedestals?
Only thing is, I want them to have her monogram or something on top. Do you have any neat ideas for a very special birthday cake for about 75 people? I am open to suggestions."

ANyone? Bueller? anyone?

thanks!

2 replies
traceyjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceyjade Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 6:34am
post #2 of 3

I did see a cake on here that looked great and I am not sure who posted it. It was a sheet cake done to look like a newspaper article. Since she was an editer of a paper it would be neat to make an article about her turning 80 and other things she has accomplished. Well just a thought in the suggestion box icon_wink.gif Good luck thumbs_up.gif

bwonderful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bwonderful Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 6:45am
post #3 of 3

I would do a sheet cake in the form of a newspaper too. You could do different fake headlines about her life. If you need several different cakes, you could do different sections of the newspaper. Do a religion section and make a headline about woman showing love of Christ. Do a real estate section and do a headline about how the house market went into the toilet after her retirement.. Then do a front page one about her turning 80...

Here's a picture I found by sweetpea8.. It's a great cake

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1158775

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%