3 D Cookies

Baking By tricia Updated 10 Aug 2008 , 3:20am by tricia

tricia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tricia Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 11:57pm
post #1 of 7

Has anyone tried the new Stackable 3 D cookie cutters from Wilton? There is a flower and also a bear face. I made the flower and it turned out really good. I made several and took them to work - sold them all for $3.75 each.

6 replies
AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:06am
post #2 of 7

i have not used the wilton ones but I have some zoo animal ones that are super cute. Kids love them!

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 12:43pm
post #3 of 7

I just did a 3D gingerbread house that I got at Willims Sonoma last year for a friend that just purchased a new house. It was a little tricky because I covered the pieces with fondant and fogot to trim the pieces that interlocked. I got it to work though and it was really cute.

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 1:37pm
post #4 of 7

I have. Everyone I have done them for loved them!

I believe I have pictures in my gallery of both!

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 1:46pm
post #5 of 7

I forgot to mention that I packaged them like the duck one next to it in my gallery.

I uploaded a picture, but apparently it was too similiar to be posted in the gallery.

I originally bought the cutter to use with fondant, but ended up loving it for making the stacked cookies.

thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 12:11am
post #6 of 7

I just was playing with them today. I frosted all the parts and am letting them dry before I stack them. I will post pictures once I get them done.

tricia, I think you are under priced on these. They are 5" cookies plus they are stacked. They are worth more than $3.75. Does anyone else think so? What do other people think would be a fair price for these?

Incidently, I ordered boxes for these from the BRP box company, I ordered them Tuesday morning and had them delivered Wednesday afternoon, couldn't ask for better service.

tricia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tricia Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 3:20am
post #7 of 7

Yes, I agree that they are worth more than $3.75!...But I have cheap co-workers...LOL...I actually made some for my grandchildren and had leftover dough so made extra. Atleast the $3.75 for the ones I had extra paid for the rest of them....If anyone ordered them I would atleast charge $4.50 ! The bear is a lot of work...the flower was fast and easy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%