How Do I Make Trees For An Enchanted Forest?

Decorating By liltreasure Updated 4 Aug 2008 , 11:52pm by Karema

liltreasure Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liltreasure Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 10:46pm
post #1 of 5

My sister and I are trying to make a fairytale/enchanted forest cake for my nieces birthday. I am not a very experienced cake maker. We are trying to figure out the best way to make trees for our enchanted forest... any ideas? pictures would also help.

4 replies
valbos22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valbos22 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 11:10pm
post #2 of 5

Are you thinking 3D trees, how large is the cake, how large do you want the trees to be? Are you thinking one big tree as the centerpiece of the cake and then smaller less detailed trees to make it a forest? If you are going to do a flat cake, you could use the FBCT method to get all of the details and shading on the tree just right...

thumbs_up.gif What a fabulous potential undertaking-- send us some more details so the whiz's here can step in and help you to make magic!

Smiles,

Val

liltreasure Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liltreasure Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 11:13pm
post #3 of 5

We are thinking a fairly large cake. The main focus is going to be an enchanted castle and then it will lead back into a forest with some 3D trees and other stuff.

valbos22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valbos22 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 11:31pm
post #4 of 5

Wow, I can visualize what you are trying to accomplish but I am way out of my league to offer advice. icon_redface.gif

I will say that I have seen the pro cake decorators use rice cripy treats as the base and then mold fondant onto it - I will be watching to see this shape up-- it sounds amazing!

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 11:52pm
post #5 of 5

I may have an easier idea. Icecream cones turned upside down. Decorate them with green icing. Go to the gallery and look in the golf section and look at some of those cakes. Some of them have trees on them. I made some recenty and they were really easy and fun to make.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%