Ideas For Daycare End Of Summer?

Decorating By MeliaJ Updated 7 Aug 2008 , 7:04pm by trichardson1229

MeliaJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeliaJ Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 4

My daughter's daycare asked me to do a cake for their 'end of summer' picnic they are having for all the kids and parents. They didn't give a theme, but did say maybe a small cake and cupcakes for the kids.

Anyone have any neat ideas?

Thanks
Melia

3 replies
jpcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jpcs Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 10:19pm
post #2 of 4

Maybe a picnic table with ants and watermelon and hot dogs for the "summer picnic".

Or, use the Wilton cutters that are people-boys and girls. You could make a bunch of kids on the cake, write the names of some of the kids on their shirts and write something like "We love ____ School!"

A chalkboard is always a winner for a school, too! Whatever you do, I'm sure it will be appreciated, just make it cute for the kids!

valbos22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valbos22 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 1:08pm
post #3 of 4

There is a Panda Cupcake Cake diagram that is very cute and you could add A,B,Cs or something. It is in the sketch section.

trichardson1229 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trichardson1229 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 7:04pm
post #4 of 4

When my daugther was in daycare each age group had their own titles. Smaller kids were the bummble bees older kids dino's and gators. etc. If you daycare is the same way maybe you could make the big cake with fondant/gumpaste figures on it and then put smaller figures on the cc's for each group.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%