Brownie Cake-Box Recipe With Chocolate Icecream Ingredient

Baking By margery Updated 18 Mar 2014 , 5:09pm by kuppy4750

margery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margery Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 2:48am
post #1 of 11

does anyone know this recipe--a box recipe but you add chocolate icecream to it and it is a sort of brownie cake.
I found it last month, and I cannot find it again to save my life!!
PLEASE send it to me/post it if possible!!

THANK YOU!!

10 replies
Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 3:34am
post #2 of 11

I am so watching this thread. My DH just told me that he wanted a brownie like cake for his birthday next month. I had never heard of it before. Can't wait to see this recipe.

teddybr218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teddybr218 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 4:59pm
post #3 of 11

I have been looking for a Duncan Hines Walnut Brownie cake that I had heard about several years ago on another site and have not been able to find someone to share that with me.

That being said, I waited long enough for someone to help me, so now I was ready to help myself.

I took a Devil's food cake mix and mixed it up and a brownie mix and mixed it up and then stirred the 2 together. I baked it at the temperature that the cake called for and just kept an eye on it for doneness. It was really good.

So I think I have found my solution, hoping that this helps one or both of you.

Cheryl

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 5:09pm
post #4 of 11

teddybr218,

So did this brownie cake have the texture and taste of brownies? Tell us more, please?

mrsw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsw Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 5:12pm
post #5 of 11

Pillsbury caramel brownie chocolate ice cream cake mix? I just googled brownie and chocolate ice cream and this came up - hope this helps

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 5:20pm
post #6 of 11

I have not heard of this kind of cake, so I went out searching the internet for something like it. I found this blog, take a look at it, you might be able to change it around to fit your needs:

http://dozenflours.com/2008/04/alexs-mocha-melted-ice-cream-cake-with.html

I would not use coffee ice cream, since I am not a coffee person, but substitute chocolate and that would be a winner for me. Have not made this, if you do please let us know how it turns out.

HTH

realms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
realms Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 5:22pm
post #7 of 11

The recipe for the melted ice cream cake calls for 1 pkg. cake mix, 2 cups melted ice cream (choice of flavor) and three eggs. I would think for a brownie you would use a devil's food cake mix, chocolate ice cream and 1 egg for a chewy brownie or 2 eggs for a more cake-like brownie.

HTH

teddybr218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teddybr218 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:10pm
post #8 of 11

The texture was not really brownie, but the taste was. Hope this helps. I enjoyed it. And so did the girls in the office.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 10:11pm
post #9 of 11

Isn't there a recipe like that in one of the Cake Mix Doctor books? Either that, or Paula Deen.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 2:18am
post #10 of 11

Cake Mix Doctor's Incredible Melted Ice Cream Cake with Chocolate Marshmallow Frosting:

http://www.cakemixdoctor.com/recipes/what_kind/cakes/incredible_melted_ice_cream_ca_1.php

HTH

kuppy4750 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kuppy4750 Posted 18 Mar 2014 , 5:09pm
post #11 of 11

OMG!!! I have been searching for this too. I found it back in October 2013, and used it to make with Trader Joe's GF Brownie mix and it was heavenly. I have been searching on google for like 3 hours trying to find it again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%