General Cc Question-- Running Slow For Me?

Decorating By valbos22 Updated 2 Aug 2008 , 10:17pm by playingwithsugar

valbos22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valbos22 Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 5:23pm
post #1 of 7

Hello,

Newbie here and I find that cakecentral.com takes forever to load and to change pages when I click. I have broadband yet on this site I feel like I have dial up again. Is it something I am doing wrong (browser settings) or is it just the result of there being so many pictures on the site?

I do not have this problem with any other sites so it is odd. I just LOVE this site but it definately tries my patience. icon_cry.gif

Smiles,

Val

6 replies
missmikey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmikey Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 5:34pm
post #2 of 7

I have noticed that too. Even when I am at the university using their internet it is often very s l o w. I thought it was just my connections, guess not.

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 5:43pm
post #3 of 7

I've come to accept this slow speed and just have other tasks on hand to do as I wait. Do not know what the reason is... icon_sad.gif but I've seen it addressed before.

born2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
born2bake Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 6:07pm
post #4 of 7

Welcome to my world. Great site for guidance, advise, inspiration . . . but yes, it can be a frustrating PITA when clicking on pictures or topics to view them. And you keep clicking . . . . and clicking . . . and clicking three or more times over before it takes and your picture / topic finally comes up. I'd like to know why this happens.

marknelliesmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknelliesmum Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 9:47pm
post #5 of 7

Yeah, I too was blaming my computer. Last night I found it was so bad I ended up opening two seperate web pages (both CC) and would look at one while I was waiting for the other to load. icon_mad.gif It's not usually this bad though but considering the amount of stuff on here I'm surprised the site doesn't just implode! I'm just scared in case i miss something...nothing to do with being impatient. icon_lol.gif

valbos22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valbos22 Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 9:57pm
post #6 of 7

Okay, good it is not just me. I do keep other items on hand to do (probably the items I should be doing INSTEAD of visiting cc.com, lol) and I hope I don't come across as ungrateful. Just in my life, I have found there is often a simple fix for something that I never know about until much later! Much like Duff not knowing that you could get pre-colored fondant. icon_razz.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 10:17pm
post #7 of 7

Yes, it is running slowly. Sometimes it is because there are so very many members on at the same time. Other times, who knows.

My big concern is that we are experiencing the same problems now that we experienced right before the crash of March, 2008. Very slow pages, and tons of double posts which should not be happening. I counted as many as 6 double posts lately.

If you look in the unanswered posts section, you will see that the multiple posts are happening again.

I try to remember to read my posts again after I send them through, so I can erase the extra one(s). The most I have had was a triple post, and that was before the crash.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%