Need To Convert Receipe To Use In Kitchen Aid, Help Please

Decorating By shanasweets Updated 5 Aug 2008 , 5:06am by shanasweets

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 4:41am
post #1 of 5

I found this receipe and would like to try it, but I have packed up my bread machine. I would like to use my kitchen aid. Need help converting the part that would mix the dough in the bread machine. can I put it all in the kitchen aid and use dough hook. New at this, not sure how to go about it. Please help

Cinnamon Rolls
INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
1/4 cup warm water
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 cup warm milk
1 egg, room temperature
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups bread flour
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons milk
Add a Personal Note
DIRECTIONS
In the pan of your bread machine, combine water, melted butter, vanilla pudding, warm milk, egg, 1 tablespoon sugar, salt, bread flour and yeast. Set machine to Dough cycle; press Start.
When Dough cycle has finished, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a 17x10 inch rectangle. Spread with softened butter. In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over dough.
Roll up dough, beginning with long side. Slice into 16 one inch slices and place in 9x13 buttered pan. Let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes. While rolls bake, stir together cream cheese, softened butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and milk. Remove rolls from oven and top with frosting.

4 replies
kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 5:27am
post #2 of 5

WOW....That is some recipe, looks delicious. I've never used a bread machine I always use my hands or the food processor but I don't see why what you want to do wouldn't work. You're basically doing the same thing just in a different machine.

shanasweets Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 5:36am
post #3 of 5

my thought is that the bread machine is working from the underside mixing together. If I place all in bowl and use dough hook, will it mix together right. Do I need to mix wet first, then dry, or does it really matter. I am going to try this for work, so I guess it may be a trial and error thing. Not doing until monday, so anyones suggestions would be great.

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 2:28pm
post #4 of 5

KitchenAid recommends mixing dry ingredients, including yeast, but withhold one cup of flour . Use dough hook, and place dry ingred. into bowl and turn to speed 2 to combine ingredients. Gradually add mixed liquid ingredients and mix for about 2 minutes. Gently add remaining flour, one-half cup at a time until dough starts to clean the sides of the bowl. Knead on speed 2 for 2 more minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic. Remove dough from bowl and proceed with rising, shaping and baking as instructed in your recipe.

shanasweets Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 5:06am
post #5 of 5

I made these today, made small ones to take to work, and they were great. everyone loves them. My dtr had fun helping. Ended up dividing dough in half and rollig twice as much. Filled a 12 x 18 pan with mini rolls.
Only baked for 10 min, though. worked great in my kitchen aid, althouh I had to leave on knead hook for aprox 5-7 min. and still kneaded a little on counter. thanks for the help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%