Friday Night Cake Club

Decorating By leah_s Updated 27 Sep 2008 , 7:06am by cakequeen50

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 5:09am
post #31 of 108

OK, Ironbaker, is that a line from a movie I didn't see?

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 5:31am
post #32 of 108

I think it came from Fight Club haha

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 5:45am
post #33 of 108

I'm here I just finished a 2 layer sheet cake( birthday) with a editable image (WASC chocolate) for one of my Hubby's friend who is throwing a surprise party for his wife tomorrow kind of disaapointed has anyone ever had a image in their head of a cake their going to make and the cake comes out a little different then expected thats what happend to me tonight its ok but its not what I intended for it to be it was a hard theme but oh will its a gift so that person shouldn't to upset its free.

Molly

Ruby2uesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruby2uesday Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 5:46am
post #34 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdybear1978

I think it came from Fight Club haha

it did! "The First rule of fight club.... You don't talk about fight club!"

Love that movie!

Molly2 Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 5:55am
post #35 of 108

I'm in the DFW Area Central time zone

Molly

leah_s Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 6:10am
post #36 of 108

Well, we really are up late! I thought maybe we had some Mountain Time Zone people.

My kitchen is mostly clean, now, and I'm going to whip out a monogram for a cake. Everything else is getting left for a few hours.

Ruby2uesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruby2uesday Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 6:17am
post #37 of 108

It's 1:16am CT. i just started the movie "The Island". seen it before, but i'm not sleepy yet.

leah_s Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 6:22am
post #38 of 108

I going to bed. I only got 3 hours sleep last night, so I'm verrrry tired.

Wiltonlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wiltonlady Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 6:31am
post #39 of 108

Good night everyone, from Mountain Standard

Molly2 Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 6:39am
post #40 of 108

Good night to who ever is going to bed I just grabbed myself a cup of coffee and I'm going to chill before going to bed
Molly icon_biggrin.gif

Charmaine49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmaine49 Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 6:51am
post #41 of 108

I slipped back into bed just after 7am, our time, was getting cold and DH turned over to go to sleep after having his morning tea.
Just got woken up by the telephone, so now I am up and about, waiting for a "future bride" to come for a quote.

So to whoever, goodnight, sleep peacefull

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 7:01am
post #42 of 108

I'm going to bed.

I put the wrong filling in the bday cake and had to redo it. Then almost dropped in trying to put it in the frig. It's time to call it a night and pray I will sleep and be fresher in the morning.

icon_rolleyes.gif

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 7:23am
post #43 of 108

Good morning from Alaska. Its 11:20 here... ok well I guess its still technically night but it feels like morning... been at the bakery since 9:30 this am and only 4 hours sleep last night. I have 2 generic bdays done, one more involved bday done with sugarpaste chickadees left to make, and 3 weddings baked and filled. My icing is made and I'm just taking a gear shift break and then I'll go crank em out. When I get really down to the wire (or past it) I can move sooo fast that I get frustrated with myself that I can't go that speed all the time - I'd get so much more sleep!

tdybear1978 Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 7:30am
post #44 of 108

I wish I were going to bed it is 2:30 in the morning and still going strong icon_sad.gif

klangl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klangl Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 8:19am
post #45 of 108

I'm in the Central time zone, and I'm working on 4 cakes and 40 cupcakes. waiting on icing to crust so I can draw daisy duck out on the cake. I got the minnie mouse cake done, both are for a birthday party in the morning, then the rest is for the Church bazaar, donated cakes so they really don't need much on them. I didn't get started baking until after 8:00 pm, running way behind. Got most of my icing made, but the colors are giving me fits, apparently most of my gel coloring has gone bad
so I'm have to mix colors together.. Any suggestions on brings those colorings back to life or are the done for? I think the humidity got the best of them, they really weren't that old..

tdybear1978 Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 8:31am
post #46 of 108

this might just sound stupid but have you shaken the bottles real well? Sometimes I notice that my colors are coming out really thick and it seems to help when I shake the bottle well

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 10:49am
post #47 of 108

This week wasn't too bad...a lot of the work I did at the beginning of the week, as I have 100 cupcakes that each require a little purple waterlily on it. I couldn't find any kind of anything on waterlilies this small (I have a cutter for a BIG one) so I kind of had to invent how to do them. They turned out so cute! So all I had was these 100 cupcakes and a little 8 inch cake to go with them (why do 8 inch cakes look so small now after doing huge cakes?) and I have a three tiered wedding cake...so I finished by dinner time last night!

Next week is a different story...four weddings and a grooms cake. HUGE weddings. (5 and 6 tiered cakes) so I will be up next friday night! (especailly since some are for Friday weddings and I will on the road all friday afternoon doing deliveries...I hate that!)

btw. I have to do a North Carolina Fishing Citation. The family gave me a photo of a citation, but it isn't super clear. I was hoping to doctor it and do an edible image instead of all that piping (there isn't much to it but lettering) I searched all over the web for a photo...and cannot find one! Why is that? Anyone have any ideas?

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 11:23am
post #48 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

This week wasn't too bad...a lot of the work I did at the beginning of the week, as I have 100 cupcakes that each require a little purple waterlily on it. I couldn't find any kind of anything on waterlilies this small (I have a cutter for a BIG one) so I kind of had to invent how to do them. They turned out so cute! So all I had was these 100 cupcakes and a little 8 inch cake to go with them (why do 8 inch cakes look so small now after doing huge cakes?) and I have a three tiered wedding cake...so I finished by dinner time last night!

Next week is a different story...four weddings and a grooms cake. HUGE weddings. (5 and 6 tiered cakes) so I will be up next friday night! (especailly since some are for Friday weddings and I will on the road all friday afternoon doing deliveries...I hate that!)

btw. I have to do a North Carolina Fishing Citation. The family gave me a photo of a citation, but it isn't super clear. I was hoping to doctor it and do an edible image instead of all that piping (there isn't much to it but lettering) I searched all over the web for a photo...and cannot find one! Why is that? Anyone have any ideas?

I just googled it bc I had no idea what you were talking about icon_redface.gif
Do you need the certificate? Or is it something else? I found a pic, but it's not a very good one... I'll keep looking if you tell me what to look for icon_biggrin.gif
*edited bc I posted the wrong link*

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 11:47am
post #50 of 108

Thanks guys....That is the one photo I have but its very small...(it has to be quite large) so it isnt very clear..

I will probably end up piping it!

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 2:34pm
post #51 of 108

Good morning all -- yep I did sleep until 8:30!! It's called the calm before the storm -- next week is busy, busy, busy!!

Leahs -- I see your picture -- That is how I know (well pretty sure) that I'm older than you!!LOL!! I don't consider myself old by any means -- but you might have the blessed genes that make you look exceptionally young too!!

I am in the central time zone -- Tdybear where are you located?

tdybear1978 Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 2:48pm
post #52 of 108

I am in Oklahoma - it is now 9:48 in the morning and I have not even got to sit down - my back is killing me lol. Just have to make it thru the day and then I can crash tonight WOOHOO

leah_s Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 2:52pm
post #53 of 108

Suzy - I'm 57 and I "own it."

Charmaine49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmaine49 Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 3:03pm
post #54 of 108

leahs,
OMG!!! then that makes me feel old!

I am 59 and feel like 100 today.....taking the day off!!

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 3:17pm
post #55 of 108
Quote:
Quote:

I'm 57 and I "own it."

Leah, you sure as hell do! I NEVER would have guessed even close to that in a million years... Looking good sister! lol

loriemoms Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 3:40pm
post #56 of 108

51 here, and I tell you, life does begin at 50!

Although I agree, some days I feel 100!!!!!

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 4:09pm
post #57 of 108

I turn 49 this year. icon_biggrin.gif

-Debbie B.

tdybear1978 Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 6:30pm
post #58 of 108

I actually just turned 30 a couple of weeks ago. Everyone kept asking me how I felt about that, I kept wondering if I was missing something - am I suppose to feel bad about it? Hmmmm

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 7:51pm
post #59 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdybear1978

I actually just turned 30 a couple of weeks ago. Everyone kept asking me how I felt about that, I kept wondering if I was missing something - am I suppose to feel bad about it? Hmmmm

No, you don't feel bad about it.
Enjoy each stage of your life. Make plenty of great memories, and live your life with joy. Make each day count for good.

-Debbie B.

Wiltonlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wiltonlady Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 8:03pm
post #60 of 108

I lost my father a couple of weeks ago and I just realized that I'm not young anymore. I'm having a real hard time dealing with being 56.

I want to be where Leahs is, I want to ejoy this life. How do you do it?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%